[RESOLVED] Anti Virus created stacking problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] Anti Virus created stacking problem

robfam

Resolved [RESOLVED] Anti Virus created stacking problem

I have Norton Anti Virus on my computer and each year it downloads files for me to update and pay for another year. This year it took almost an hour to download. Then the next time I turned my computer came on, here is what it said, "Terminating thread due to a stack overflow problem. AVXD possibly recently installed has consumed too much stack space. Increase the setting of "MinSP's in SYSTEM.INI or remove recently installed VXP;s. There are currentl 5 SPs allcoated."
    Would someone please tell me where to go and how to correct this? I would remove Norton Anti Virus from my cpu, but I have 9 virus files in quarantine and don't know what to do with those either. I would appreciate any help I can get on this!

Arrow

Concerning the files in quarantine, you should have the option of going ahead and deleting them. Just make sure you have them written down if you need them.

Which version of NAV do you have? We switched to NAV 2002 this year so I don't know about the older versions. We used to use McAfee...

Sorry I couldn't help out more...Good Luck!
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

See Q149083 and Q145799

robfam

Thank you swamprat, but where do I find the Q files you shared? Thanks again.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by robfam:
    <strong>Thank you swamprat, but where do I find the Q files you shared? Thanks again.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">here Those Q******* are question and something answers that microsoft has answered.

<a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q149083" target="_blank">Q149083</a> and <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q145799" target="_blank">Q145799</a>

robfam

Talking

thank you very much..I went to Microsoft, followed instructions and it worked