registry error ---new info (Edit)

Thread: registry error ---new info (Edit)

Post registry error ---new info (Edit)

We are building 10 machines and 2 of them we tinkered with the registry and then we reformatted and ghosted over them, but still we have registry errors. What is the cause of this? How can we get rid of them?
    Thank You

EDIT:::
    Do you think the registry error could be from the Duron Processor, The only reason why I ask this is because their are 10 machines that I have built and about 7 have had this registry problem(without Ghosting they received the error); I also built 8 Athlon Processors with same components and not one of these had a Problem...
    Thanks Again

I had awful registry problems once and it was a faulty IDE cable. That was the only thing that was affected, the registry just seemed to be super-sensitive to it.

The other thing to check is RAM. I have seen a bad stick of RAM do this to a brand new install of Windows.

pipeman043

have had some luck with repairing registry issues that will not repair under win9x by booting into DOS and at the c:> command prompt type scanreg/fix ie:
    C:>SCANREG/FIX
    and let the system locate and repair it's own errors. good luck

In one of the really, really Blue states.

I agree with MacGyver most of the registry problems I have ecountered were a bad stick of ram, or incorrect ram settings.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush