[RESOLVED] SCSI configuration

Thread: [RESOLVED] SCSI configuration

byteme_1997

Resolved [RESOLVED] SCSI configuration

This maybe a stupid question but.........

I am planning a change to the SCSI config in our srever and just had a couple of questions regarding SCSI as i have not done much with systems using this.WE find that we need to move up to a rais system for our business software as currently it is configured with 1 drive having 2 partitions. My question is, can i keep the current drive as my boot driver for NT server, and add in 2 drives to be used for our dedicated application, using RAID-1??

Any input is greatfully appreciated.

Mike

Thumbs up

Yes

Leave the curent Drive as it is, boot Drive,
    and use two or moe new drives to create the raid.
    after all you will have to do is move the data to the raid. with Windows NT & W2K you can even change the drive letters so the raid will have the letter the second partition have now and the partition will move one letter up (Or more) this way you dont have to change any thing to the config.
    Also Concider to use a External IDE Raid. Promise make some good models that use 4 IDE drives and it is connected to the computer Via SCSI - so the speed is like a SCSI Raid (Almost).
    If you are into Video Editing : <a href="http://www.highvid.com" target="_blank">www.HighVid.com</a>