Everquest

Thread: Everquest

Post Everquest

Now, I know there are people in here who don't play Everquest. In fact, I know there are some people who down right hate it.

Please, don't flame anyone who posts in here, I'm just curious, and I think some of us feel like we have to be "closeted" Everquest fans...

Anyone else here play Everquest?
    If so, what servers and characters do you have and what levels?

My "family":

Draykus De'Vir -- Tholuxe Paells Wood Elf Rogue Level 25
    Draggar -- Rodcet Nife Wood Elf Rogue level 16
    Twylana -- Rodcet Nife Wood Elf Bard Level 9
    Xzorsh -- Rodcet Nife Wood Elf Druid Level 11
    Chatrulis-- Rodcet Nife Iskar Beastmaster Level 12

Most of them can be seen on my website:
    <a href="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/draggar/">Draggar's Lost World</a>

Anyone else?
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

Banned

Back when I was playing and had the time I had a 28th Human Monk, a 10th Dark Elf Wizzy, a 13 Wood Elf Druid, and a 15th Dark Elf Necro all on the Tunare server. Still have several friends that still play. All in the 50's with epic's. Hopefully whenever I get a new computer built and if things continue to settle down at home I will get back into and be able to go to Luclin.
    The requirements for the game are freaking unreal now.

Ive never played..but I love RPGS. I just dont like the idea of forking out money. How is it compared to say, Baldur's Gate series?
    EDITED BY SOWULO

[quote]Originally posted by gxavier:
    <strong>Ive never played..but I love RPGS. I just dont like the idea of forking out money. How is it compared to say, Baldur's Gate series?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think its a lot better, kinda like a 3rd person shooter, the biggest problem now is that its full of a bunch of people, who have very high level characters, but start low level characters and give some ridiculiously high level equipment to them.

Nothing like a level 1 cleric taking on a dragon...

As for shelling out $$$, its $10/month (plus the software), or $50/6 months, not too bad and less than what I would have spent on games that I would have bought form being bored.
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

Banned

[quote]Originally posted by Draggar:
    <strong>

I think its a lot better, kinda like a 3rd person shooter, the biggest problem now is that its full of a bunch of people, who have very high level characters, but start low level characters and give some ridiculiously high level equipment to them.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That is one of the reasons I stopped playing the game. It is kinda slow to begin with, and hard to come to grips with the time you have to invest to get to attack the big cool things. I think the sheer magnitude of the game and all that was put into it making it a virtual world, is what I am missing now.

I've never played it. I've toyed with the idea but never took that final step and turned my soul over to Sony.The guys at work call it EverCrack. I don't think i would want a game to dominate my life that much
    "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them." President George W. Bush

[quote]Originally posted by xschmittyx:
    <strong>I've never played it. I've toyed with the idea but never took that final step and turned my soul over to Sony.The guys at work call it EverCrack. I don't think i would want a game to dominate my life that much</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've known marriages to break up over EverQuest and Ultima Online. A friend of mine just couldn't quit the game. All day and all night until his wife left him. Granted, they had problems to begin with, but you're right...some of those games can dominate your life. I play UO but will never spend more than four hours in a week playing. It's slow going on the characters, but I was never in a race to have a god character before everybody else.
    A bored admin is a very dangerous person...

Banned

IT got real bad for us at my last job. Of the 15 techs, phone guys and network engineers 7 of us played. It got to where we didn't talk about anything else on smoke breaks or lunch. We researched during work, and the boss almost started firing some people because they would stay up all night and either show up late, or call in sick, and then we would find out they were playing.
    Luckily I had set strict rules on myself for playing, and was always gone on the weekends. I never became godlike, but when I looked at my research last night, I had to hang my head in shame. 3 different binders full of maps, quests and other assorted items.
    I do want to get back into it, Diablo II is cool but just gets old when you compare it, AOLII is just about the same as far as getting old, the only things we keep out to play are Roller Coaster Tycoon for my girlfriend and the games like Life and other boardgames that we will play together.

i haven't been playing long but i have a lvl 6 wood elf druid on povar
    I wish everything could be as easy as me!

when d2:lod came out, it ruined about 4 months of my social life. Thats all i played night and day, all my friends played night and day, and we only got layed maybe twice through that whole period. I look back on it now and go "what the hell". Buying, trading through the marketplace, MF runs....crazy *** **** ...I look back on it now and that last month wasn't even fun..it was tedius...just doing the same meph runs over and over and over until we found something good that dropped....it was sick. Im afraid If I start one of these more expansive online games...ill go skitzo.
    EDITED BY SOWULO

Well, I have mostly stopped playing over the past few months due to working in the evenings most of the week, as well as having gotten sick of the "having-to-play-as-much-as-possible-to-be-next-in-line-for-loot" thing about the game. I am in one of the "Uber" guilds on my primary server. I have owned EQ since the first day of public release (3 years now...) and my highest characters are listed below...

Veeshan Server:
    Lvl 60 Bard, 42 Cleric, 30 Warrior, 24 Wizard

Also have the other 4 character slots filled with sub-lvl20 characters and I have a Lvl24 Magician on some server I can't remember at the moment.

I guess it's a good thing I've gotten away from it over the past few months

(Then again, maybe it's just because of my anticipation of Star Wars Galaxies that I have broken away from EQ)
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)