Best nintendo game
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best nintendo game

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Question Best nintendo game

I mostly play PC games now, but the most fun games ever were the original NES and SNES games. They were the best because back then you didnt have 28739203bit gpu's with 10,000,000GB of memory. They had cpu's that could draw stick figures....poorly and had distorted low quality midi and if you even thought about breathing on the console the game crapped out but they had one thing....quality design. They had nice stories and great gameplay that kept me entertained for hours.

So whats your favorite NES/SNES game?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Radical Dreamer:
    <strong>I mostly play PC games now, but the most fun games ever were the original NES and SNES games. They were the best because back then you didnt have 28739203bit gpu's with 10,000,000GB of memory. They had cpu's that could draw stick figures....poorly and had distorted low quality midi and if you even thought about breathing on the console the game crapped out but they had one thing....quality design. They had nice stories and great gameplay that kept me entertained for hours.

So whats your favorite NES/SNES game?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">NES Techmo Bowl, Double Dribble

SNES Mario World. Especially that board where it is spinning while you go through it. Its fun watching people get sick trying to play it sitting just inches from the TV. Oh and Mario Cart and 007 both great multiplayer games.

Mine are:

Super Off-Road
    Super Sprint
    Rc Pro-Am
    Zelda
    A good friend will bail you out of jail, but your best friend will be the
    one sitting next to you saying,"That was f~@&ing awesome!"

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where

Donkey Kong - Original version

I also liek duckhunt with the lightgun on the NES.
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

Duck Hunt
    Zelda (most of them)
    Duck Tales
    Megaman (!!!)
    F-Zero

Theres just too many to mention really...
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

Double dribble and Link!
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Almost forgot to add my own favorites.

Bubble Bobble
    Castlevania 1 and 2 (3 was ...eh)
    The Zelda series
    ALL FINAL FANTASY GAMES
    ALL SQUARE GAMES
    Adventure Island
    Return of the jedi for snes
    Empire strikes back for snes
    and who can forget Toki?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Final Fantasy was/is the best. Zelda was the bitchinest before that.

You guys do know about nes emulators, right?
    Do You Realize? - that you have the most beautiful face
    Do You Realize? - we're floating in space -
    Do You Realize? - that happiness makes you cry
    Do You Realize? - that everyone you know someday will die

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Darkstar:
    <strong>Final Fantasy was/is the best. Zelda was the bitchinest before that.

You guys do know about nes emulators, right?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Emulators are bad, mmmmkay.

Its a long rant, and I wont start it here, so, yeah, just forget it.

Ta.
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

You're right. Bad. Very bad. So evil I cackle gleefully with the Dark Lord every time I use mine to play Bubble Bobble. Muahahaha...
    Do You Realize? - that you have the most beautiful face
    Do You Realize? - we're floating in space -
    Do You Realize? - that happiness makes you cry
    Do You Realize? - that everyone you know someday will die

God, there were so many, it's hard to list them all. But, from the top of my head...

Tecmo Bowl series
    Zelda series
    Origional Mario series
    Pinball
    Tetris
    Metroid
    Double Dragon
    Ice Hockey
    Punch Out

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by EvilCabbage:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Darkstar:
    <strong>Final Fantasy was/is the best. Zelda was the bitchinest before that.

You guys do know about nes emulators, right?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Emulators are bad, mmmmkay.

Its a long rant, and I wont start it here, so, yeah, just forget it.

Ta.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Emulators arent bad, people are bad!

Actually I have written to sega and nintendo many times requesting they themselves release an emulator and some roms with no response. They way I see it, I cant find some of the stuff even if I wanted to and they are not making a dime off of the old games so what does it hurt? I would gladly pay for the roms/emulator.

Oh yeah and another thing, the old systems are a pain in the butt to get working, ya spend 15 minutes getting the game to start

Definitely the Techmo Bowl Series - Week long tourneys with the other un-employed guys back then

ExciteBike
    Contra

That's all that comes to mind right now. Been a while.

I actually have an Arcade stand-up machine with 10 of the old Nintendo games on it. It's got Baseball, Mike Tyson's Punch Out (body blow!), Contra, Duck Hunt (with gun), some car racing game....dang! I can't remember the rest of 'em! Oh well. I'm gettin ready to get rid of it anyway.

peace
    Wives are like jobs,

It's easier to find one when you already have one

<font size=+7>Contra</font>

Is the best game

<a href="http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/nes/01/contra.html" target="_blank">http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/nes/01/contra.html</a>