[RESOLVED] Searching for a driver

Thread: [RESOLVED] Searching for a driver

honeybunnie2

Unhappy Searching for a driver

I hope that I am in the right forum for finding a driver, if not can someone head me in the right direction?
    Okay, here's the name of the driver I am looking for
    Samsung SHD-3056A Hard Drive for a 560 MB System
    This is an old Packard Bell system and when I boot up there is no hard drive reconized so I took the case off and this is the name of the hard driver.
    I can't bootup until I reinstall the hard drive..
    Please... if you can help me out I sure would appreciate it... Thanks in advance

Hard Drives don't need drivers,
    What you need to do is fdisk your drive and install a OS on it. this is a whole other topic if you need to know how to do that.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

If the system is old, the backup battery may have gone flat and lost the system settings. A lot of older systems don't autodetect the hard drive unless specifically set in the CMOS setup.

If the drive is not detected at the POST (the first set of screens which show memory amount, serial & parallel ports, drives etc), gain access to the CMOS setup and set the AUTO option for the Primary master, or for an older system, run the Autodetect Hard Drive option. Also look for a setting to enable LBA, as the drive is over 528M capacity.

If this is the problem leave the system running for many hours to re-charge the backup battery, if the problem recurs, the battery may be faulty, or may be a button cell that needs replacing.

If the POST is reporting the drive, but it is otherwise not operating, it is a different problem, let us know further info & we'll try to help.

Smile

I aggree with Platypus - If your mb doesnt support LBA you can usually use a disk manager which samsung should have - Ive used them in the old days for maxtor seagate ibm drives. Dont use them if you MB does support LBA though

(if your mb doesnt support LBA it must be pretty old)