Diamond and Gold Mining Scam??

Thread: Diamond and Gold Mining Scam??

Red face Diamond and Gold Mining Scam??

I received this via blind e-mail. You decide...

Subject: FROM MRS :FLORA WILLIAMS

MRS :FLORA WILLIAMS
    TEL.225-07-50-13-75
    ABIDJAN COTE IVOIRE

APPEAL FOR ASSISTANCE

Dear ,

Naturally, this letter will come as a surprise to you since we have not met. But from a sincere mind with honest desire for assistance and to establish mutual relationship with you.

I am Mrs :FLORA WILLIAMS the wife of late Dr.ANDREW WILLIAMS (former director of sierra-leonine diamond and gold mining corporation). My husband was killed by the military junta lead by major Jonny Paul Koromah who overthrew the elected government of president Alhaji Ahmed Tijan Kabbah .

Though, I do not know to what extent you are familiar with events and disturbances and prior to my husband death. While I was packing our belongings to run for our dear life I discovered a document hiding underground, for his secret deposit in a trust and security company in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire . The worth of the deposit is $32 MILLION (thirty two million united states dollars) in cash concealed and declared as containing gold and precious stones. None of the officials of the trust company is aware of the real content of the boxes. He told the company that the boxes belong to his foreign friend who will later come to claim them and he is with the keys of the boxes.

According to the document , this money was paid to the diamond and gold mining corporation by its overseas customers in the heat of the conflict. He made the deposit with the hope of converting it for our family use at the end of the conflict . but he died when the war intensified as a result of the involvement of the West African peace keeping force ECOMOG ) that came to re-install the democratically elected government of Alhaji Ahmed Kabbah .

On the strength of the above , I fled to Cote d'Ivoire with my children ,where we are presently residing as refugee. However , I have gone to the company to confirm the deposit and establish ownership.

Therefore , I solicit for your assistance ( hoping that you are honest and trustworthy ) in helping me lift the fund out of Africa for investment. I can't do this on my own due to my refugee status and I don't want to use our family name. Though you will be compensated by offering you 10% of the total amount. If you are interested in assisting me lift this money from Africa to your base, I will highly appreciate your physical presence in Abidjan for the following reason and 5% percent for expences.

1-to know each other very well
    2-to sign an agreement of trust
    3-to see and confirm every thing by yourself
    4-to finalize modalities for the successful lifting of the fund to your base.

For further clarification or question contact us through the above email address as soon as you receive this letter, please you must maintain absolute confidentiality to ensure success.

Awaiting your immediate response .

SINCERELY YOURS

MRS :FLORA WILLIAMS AND FRANK (SON)

i'm down. someone wanna go with me?
    take care and tempt not the fates

Banned
    Spiffy , heard it before ,,,yawn yawn ,,,

contact the woman and I will guarentee that she "needs" $XXXX to cover costs etc etc ,,,with a guarentee of x% back ,,,

however when you send her (which incidentally is in capitals - pasted in) $xxxx ,,, i bet u dont here a thing from her ,

this "blag" has been used a lot of times in the UK , by fax etc , don,t be cruel spiffy ,,,any one who sends span deserves at least 10x win 9x cab files back in return .

give us the full e-mail address , because i keep a dir on my machine with 70m of cabs to send to spammers ,,,,

go on spiffy ,,,,,please

FtF

Spiffy. Trust me. Send this letter to the FBI or US Seceret Service. I worked Corporate Security and would get these sent to our Branches who would send them to my dept. It's a scam.

The letter is similar to this one:

http://www.quatloos.com/scams/nigerian.htm

At another forum I go to, some one else received a similar letter..not the use of the word "modalities"....usually these are the same people writing hundreds of letters and sending them out hoping for at least one idiot to send money...

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...hreadid=112107
    Last edited by Lycia; July 24th, 2002 at 06:37 PM.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Banned
    come on spiffy ,,,i demand an e-mail address , to send some *.cabs ,,,,,or better still ,,,send them some piccy,s !!!! ,,,i am sure u have a good selection (the choice is yours!)

FtF

Originally posted by freddy
    come on spiffy ,,,i demand an e-mail address , to send some *.cabs ,,,,,or better still ,,,send them some piccy,s !!!! ,,,i am sure u have a good selection (the choice is yours!)FtF
    LOL

Exclamation

Originally posted by Lycia
    Spiffy. Trust me. Send this letter to the FBI or US Seceret Service. I worked Corporate Security and would get these sent to our Branches who would send them to my dept. It's a scam.

The letter is similar to this one:

http://www.quatloos.com/scams/nigerian.htm

At another forum I go to, some one else received a similar letter..not the use of the word "modalities"....usually these are the same people writing hundreds of letters and sending them out hoping for at least one idiot to send money...

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...hreadid=112107
    I did what you said, Lycia, and the Feds got back to me pretty quickly. They said that the guy has been doing this for awhile and that they were gathering evidence for prosecution. They wouldn't tell me his name, but said he goes by the moniker "Subzero". I hope they get this guy...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

What's the problem? I sent Flora thousands of dollars...........She ain't got back to me yet but she will.

I trust her.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

I did what you said, Lycia, and the Feds got back to me pretty quickly. They said that the guy has been doing this for awhile and that they were gathering evidence for prosecution. They wouldn't tell me his name, but said he goes by the moniker "Subzero". I hope they get this guy...
    I always knew that Q was the one behind it all...and he would have gotten away with it if it werent for you meddling kids and your stupid interweb too!
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox
    Sounds like a pretty good screenplay to me.

This looks to be a variation on a theme of the same type of e-mail that was circulating out of Nigeria.
    "no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn"