Cobra's Handy vBulletin Ignore Guide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cobra's Handy vBulletin Ignore Guide

Internet Linebacker

Thumbs up Cobra's Handy vBulletin Ignore Guide

Hi friends,

I'm here today to tell you about a handy-dandy feature on these lovely new forums Scott (aka DriverGuy) has provided for us: the Ignore feature.

Yes, the ignore feature, when you used wisely, will allow you to basically forget about the virtual existance of your least favorite forum members. No longer will you have to put up with the same idiot BS day after day from the same person. In addition, you'll also see improved loading times, as you won't have to wait for their avatar and profile images to load up.

Step 1: Find person a post made by person you don't like.

Step 2: Click the "Profile" button under their post.

Step 3: On the next screen, click the link that says "Add (Name of Annoying User) to my Ignore List"

You have now successfully added someone to your ignore list. From now on, every post made by this person will appear as a blank area with the words "This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]". But why you'd want to view the post escapes me at the moment.

Congratulations friends, enjoy your retard-free WinDrivers.
    Last edited by Cobra Tha Funky Homo Sapien; July 26th, 2002 at 12:46 PM.

But what if you like everybody? Or what if you're too uncoordinated to hit that little profile button?

What then?
    end of line.

But what happends when half of the posts are blocked??? You miss out of most of the conversation.

Internet Linebacker
    Originally posted by Kymera
    But what if you like everybody?
    Then please give me some of whatever the hell it is you're smoking, so I can "like" everyone too.

Or what if you're too uncoordinated to hit that little profile button?
    PM me with your profile name & password, and a list of people you want ignored, and I'll add them to your list for you.

Internet Linebacker
    Originally posted by Quiet Thunder
    But what happends when half of the posts are blocked??? You miss out of most of the conversation.
    In the words of the recently retired Diamond Dallas Page: "But that's not a bad thing, it's a GOOD thing."

Banned
    did somebody write something ,,,,,cos all i,ve got is a blank space above this post

FtF

but what if some one droped a challange, lets say that persons name is Bobycia for example, then what???
    Almighty Elbatcho Della Vente, Scurge von AOL, Tyrant von NT, Huhn des Schulegeländes, großartiger hinterer Viceroy Admiral der oberen nordöstlichen südlichen Zustand Widder K-Auto Kategorie des bedwetting Auslesesuperschutzes der Eastwestern Grafschaften, des Spam deathlord des Spam'o'knights, des Spacemonkey und des stolzen Inhabers von 250 mindestens meine kleinen Ponies

Originally posted by Cobra Tha Funky Homo Sapien

Then please give me some of whatever the hell it is you're smoking, so I can "like" everyone too.
    I only eat the mushrooms I find in my backyard.

PM me with your profile name & password, and a list of people you want ignored, and I'll add them to your list for you.
    But I like everyone. Everyone on here is cool, reasonable and level-headed. I think the ignore button is a waste of processing time personally. Why would anyone want to ignore the very people they come to post with?
    end of line.

Internet Linebacker
    Originally posted by ElBatcho
    but what if some one droped a challange, lets say that persons name is Bobycia for example, then what???
    Good question. Just don't make fun of fatties, and you'll never have to worry about it.

Internet Linebacker
    Originally posted by Kymera

I only eat the mushrooms I find in my backyard.
    Hmmm...I reckon I might have to eat some of the ones in my backyard, mmm-hmmmm.

But I like everyone. Everyone on here is cool, reasonable and level-headed. I think the ignore button is a waste of processing time personally. Why would anyone want to ignore the very people they come to post with?
    Good for you, but I don't. There are certain people I come here to post with, but there are a lot of I don't particularly care for, and feel no need to read any of their posts, either because it's a waste of my time, or they tend to write things which lead me to flaming them. It's not a perfect world here, and I DON'T get a long with a good number of people. If the ignore list allows me to simply brush them off to the side, so that I can converse with the ones that I DO actually like and/or respect, then it's truly a great feature, and I'm glad we've got it.

Banned
    My pet turtle is named petey. Petey is a nice turtle.

and i thought i knew you so well i scored a 33. i just thought i would post this to see if you reply, that way i know if im on your ignore list
    Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem.- Ronald Reagan

Internet Linebacker
    Originally posted by snooper2
    and i thought i knew you so well i scored a 33. i just thought i would post this to see if you reply, that way i know if im on your ignore list
    Nah, I ain't mad atcha.

Originally posted by Cobra Tha Funky Homo Sapien

Nah, I ain't mad atcha.
    then i guess im not trying hard enough
    Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem.- Ronald Reagan

Banned
    Petey loves everyone. Petey likes to watch.