For Lycia
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: For Lycia

For Lycia

Here you go...
    www.momscorner.net upper left corner.

I never thought I'd dress up my baby either. I never thought I'd give birth naturally to a dead baby. I never thought I'd want to hold it either. I hate funerals, and how people see the need to go visit with the dead body.... then it happened to me.. I hope you never find yourself in a position of having to find out what you'd do.

Blah blah blah...save the sympathy...yadda yadda yadda...

We're all going to die anyway.

Since I have taken steps to ensure that I will not get pregnant again (Yes yes yes, I know nothing is gauranteed-however a tubal is the closest you can get to 100%) it is unlikely that something like you went through will ever happen to me.

In the event that something does happen to my son, I am pretty sure I'll handle it better than you handled the still-born. No dressing up the corpse, no having daddy kiss it after the fact...no viewing an open casket...et al...did I miss anything?
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Wow. I've lurked (and occasionally answered questions within my field) on this board for about 2 years now. Seen lots of things that shocked or amused (thanks, Spiff). Happyinlove's site disturbed me, however your responses, Lycia have been much more so.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with what the lady's done, to so callously disregard not only her feelings, but the possibility that someone would handle her situation in a way other than what you would do seems stunningly hard-hearted.

"We're all going to die anyway" Of course we are. But by an extension of the same 'logic' if I were to brutally kill someone would I be exonerated by shrugging my shoulders and saying "He was going to die anyway."

If you disagree with how the lady has handled her pain, that's fine. Disagree. But don't spit on someone because they deal with tragedy differently than you do.
    Perseverance in all matters.

You misunderstand me. How she handled her pain, putting up a website dedicated to her daughter is not what I find as disturbing as you did. What I found disturbing, and obvious you did as well, was the pictures of the still-born and the way "she" was presented. You yourself said you were disturbed by the website. So what's so different about what I feel and what you feel? The only difference I see is that I said something about it.

The other thing to remember, I can have my opinion if I want. I posted here. I did not seek her out. I did not post anything on her site. She did not have to respond to anything an anonymous internet user posted about her site.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

You have never been wrong in your entire life have you? If this was your site and you were able to track someone to their UBB where they ripped you up I can guarantee that you would be there in your overly confrontational way slamming anyone you could.

This persons site and what she did was obviously way south of weirdville, but you could at least try to be nice to her. A little kindness or sympathy never killed anyone ya know?

Lightbulb

Gee, I think happilyinlove has been a sweety through all this...her responses have been patient and kind. Watching Lycia rip out her juggler because she disagrees with this lady's website is brutal to watch. Let's all show a modicum of grace here. Nobody says you've got to visit her site, and if her way of coping is weird to you...well, OK, that's the way it is, I guess...

Please, let's all ratchet back the negativism a bit and give the lady some space...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Internet Linebacker
    As I said in another thread, happilyinlove merely tried to explain herself to a bunch of strangers - which she really is not obligated to do - and has been very polite to us as a group, which again, she really doesn't have to do, considering the tone of some of the posts about her site.

Whether you agree with her site or not - and I don't completely - she does deserve the basic human decency & respect we'd all expect to be treated with.

Thumbs up

Preach it, Funky Homo, preach it!!!...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Originally posted by ilovetheusers
    You have never been wrong in your entire life have you? If this was your site and you were able to track someone to their UBB where they ripped you up I can guarantee that you would be there in your overly confrontational way slamming anyone you could.

This persons site and what she did was obviously way south of weirdville, but you could at least try to be nice to her. A little kindness or sympathy never killed anyone ya know?
    Hey hey hey. I admited I was wrong when I saw that it was actually the owner of the site!! sheesh give me some credit.
    As for ripping on her, the only problem I have with her site is the dead baby pics. It's plain disgusting. Her site over all I have no problems with. And guess what??? I can have my own opinion about things.

She chose to respond here. She sought(sp) me out. If she doesn't want to hear it, ignore it. Same with you. Easy as pie.

Funny thing though...some people who saw the site were in perfect agreement with me about the site.. But ooooh the owner comes in and blamo everyone is suddenly "Yeah Lycia, you're a big meanie!!"

Whine whine whine. Want some cheese?
    Last edited by Lycia; July 29th, 2002 at 11:32 AM.
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

Originally posted by Lycia

Funny thing though...everyone who saw the site was in perfect agreement with me about the site
    You assume too much...
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Thanks to A d e p t for the avatar!!!!

Im done here

Originally posted by cc_penguin

You assume too much...
    agreed.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Sigh. There. I re-worded it. Feewings aww bettew now?
    Last edited by Lycia; July 29th, 2002 at 11:33 AM.
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

Agreed!

Originally posted by ilovetheusers

Lycia,

I assumed automatically as did you that the happyinlove posts were someone playing a poor joke.

as usual though, your response was overly harsh and at least in my opinion in poor taste.

once she proved that indeed she was the site owner, how hard is it to simply say

"Sorry, I was a jackarse. I don't agree with some of your content, but I was wrong to be so blatently mean to you. I assumed incorrectly that it was a poor pratical joke and responded in kind. You have as much right to your opinion as I do to mine.."
    I think it's pretty clear that you WERE WRONG. there is no issue of semantics. . . . . It's cut and dry. And I also think it's pretty plain to see that you owe that woman an apology whether you agree with her sites content or not.

Originally posted by Cobra Tha Funky Homo Sapien
    As I said in another thread, happilyinlove merely tried to explain herself to a bunch of strangers - which she really is not obligated to do - and has been very polite to us as a group, which again, she really doesn't have to do, considering the tone of some of the posts about her site.

Whether you agree with her site or not - and I don't completely - she does deserve the basic human decency & respect we'd all expect to be treated with.
    I'm in full agreement. I probably couldn't have said it better my self. What was that rule everyone used to have preached in elementary school? Ahhh yes. The Golden Rule. "Treat others as you'd like to be treated you're self." Or at the very least, if you don't have anything positive to say, keep you're mouth shut.

Internet Linebacker
    Originally posted by Lycia
    Funny thing though...some people who saw the site were in perfect agreement with me about the site.. But ooooh the owner comes in and blamo everyone is suddenly "Yeah Lycia, you're a big meanie!!"
    I don't think anyone really has a problem with what you think of her site - I don't - but the fact that you're being so abbrasive to her now that she's trying to explain herself. It's not like she came on here and started throwing out profanity & childish names at you...