XP Corporate SuperUser?

Thread: XP Corporate SuperUser?

Question XP Corporate SuperUser?

Hello all,

I am fairly new to XP and have a question. I am using XP corporate edition currently @ home. I was opted for beta testing it so to speak. Anyway, I want a user to have less restrictions than the limited user account but not as much as the Administrator. I know there is a thing called a SuperUser account. Is this feature available with Corporate addition or is it a home addition feature. If I can use it, how do I enable it? Just curious. Thanks for all the help!
    Sooouuuushi!

You can have many levels of security, if you go to control panel users there are some preset user levels defined. If you want to be able to set permissions at file level you have to turn off simple file sharing. This is turned off by unchecking the box at the bottom of the list in my computer, tools, folderoptions, view... then it will behave pretty much like 2k.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I think what you are talking about is the "Power Users" group.

Right click on "My Computer" and click "Manage".

Click the + sign next to "Local Users and Groups"

Click the "Groups" category.

Now double click the "Power Users" group and add the user to it.

Power Users can basically do what they want except they cannot mess with administrators, set group policy, or delete system files.
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"