Duct Tape...It's Not Just for Fixing Eyeglasses Anymore!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Duct Tape...It's Not Just for Fixing Eyeglasses Anymore!

Thumbs up Duct Tape...It's Not Just for Fixing Eyeglasses Anymore!

Click on the duck...

Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

I don't even want to know how you find this stuff.

Funny though

somepeople have far to much spare time

I bet those guys know how the hampsters feel now ;-)
    "The fact that I think Bach was mistaken doesn't alter the fact that I think the B-minor Mass is one of the greatest pinnacles of human achievement. It still absolutely moves me to tears to hear it. I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously" - Douglas Adams

I think we've been through this subject already actually.

First of all,.. duct tape can be used as armor. It can, it really can. We know this as a fact. But see,.. what about black electrical tape? Or scotch tape? Can these be used as armor also? I say no. Black electrical tape armor is not as effective due to it's low adhesive properties. However, it does resist ESD, is a good insulator, and has high elastic properties. Scotch tape is no good because it's transparent and breaks too easily. So just forget it. Duct tape however, is highly adhesive and has a shiny metallic texture thus making for great armor in case of eatattacks, etc.

Now you might be wondering about other kinds of tape. Like say, VHS tape or masking tape. Well these types of tapes are still under heavy investigation and research, but if all goes well, I'm hoping to come up with a sort of tape hybrid. This will involve blending all the featured strengths of each of the major types of tapes. Ultimately I'd like to come up with an all powerful, multi-purpose tape, that not only could be used as armor,.. but could be used for a variety of great things. But until then, duct tape reigns supreme as the best all around tape. So duct tape,.. I salute you!
    Hello World

Heres some good info on duct(or is it duck?) tape.

Actually I prefer gaffers tape, (hey, I'm half stage tech/half computer tech) but it can get a little expensive at nerly 15 bucks a roll, but duct tape is a good cheap all-around solution.
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.

Gaffer tape may be more expensive, but you wouldn't need as much to tape people to walls!

Cool avatar web!!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

you can use it for ammor too, I have pic's I have proof.
    Almighty Elbatcho Della Vente, Scurge von AOL, Tyrant von NT, Huhn des Schulegeländes, großartiger hinterer Viceroy Admiral der oberen nordöstlichen südlichen Zustand Widder K-Auto Kategorie des bedwetting Auslesesuperschutzes der Eastwestern Grafschaften, des Spam deathlord des Spam'o'knights, des Spacemonkey und des stolzen Inhabers von 250 mindestens meine kleinen Ponies

what about double sided sticky tape? Can you use that for you're armor? Can you use duck tape to patch up large mouths?

Originally posted by Quiet Thunder
    what about double sided sticky tape? Can you use that for you're armor? Can you use duck tape to patch up large mouths?
    Double sided tape can be used for a shield and sword with bamboo, duct tape can be used for armor as long as you use a black sheet over the top to look like a poncho. You can also use a old pot as a helmit.
    Almighty Elbatcho Della Vente, Scurge von AOL, Tyrant von NT, Huhn des Schulegeländes, großartiger hinterer Viceroy Admiral der oberen nordöstlichen südlichen Zustand Widder K-Auto Kategorie des bedwetting Auslesesuperschutzes der Eastwestern Grafschaften, des Spam deathlord des Spam'o'knights, des Spacemonkey und des stolzen Inhabers von 250 mindestens meine kleinen Ponies

according to cnn a while ago

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/pres...b-52.vets.html
    here is the article
    And the aircraft was so strong. The one aircraft I always point to is the one at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in the Air Force Museum. That B-52 is the one I flew when I was in active duty. But when it went to Vietnam it was subject to a near miss by a Russian-made missile. And it had so many holes in it from the shrapnel they couldn't land at the regular base. They had to actually land in Vietnam. And the base is being shelled because the Vietcong were trying to knock that airplane out.

So the base commander says you need to take it off or I'll blow it up, so they won't be coming at my people. And that thing took off actually with duct tape. I mean, duct tape was covering the holes of the fuel cells. And fuel was pouring out of the engine, out of the airplane, as it took off. And it had to have a tanker right away. But it was such a magnificent airplane to withstand the attack. It was still functional
    if it's broke duct tap will fix it..
    i love peta...and sars...
    and bin laden....and n. korea....and china...and p2p...spyware...

What is better, duck tape or electrical tape? Because electrical tape should give you a plus to Lightning shield, but dosn't have the adhesive or durability of duck tape.

Internet Linebacker
    Remember, electrical tape is an insulator. It would be good for working in a power plant or something where the risk of voltage was high. Duct tape for everything else though. In fact, I think I'm gonna wrap my car up in duct tape entirely.

Originally posted by Quiet Thunder
    What is better, duck tape or electrical tape? Because electrical tape should give you a plus to Lightning shield, but dosn't have the adhesive or durability of duck tape.
    When going into battle if your fighting the powers of light always use electrical tape, when fighting in a gym with D&D type people regular duct tape should be fine unless some one has an elmers glue sword.

Originally posted by ElBatcho
    When going into battle if your fighting the powers of light always use electrical tape, when fighting in a gym with D&D type people regular duct tape should be fine unless some one has an elmers glue sword.
    You can beat that elmers glue sword if you wrap the duct tape around a pipe.

*disclaimer*
    Any similarities between this thread and WD regulars is purely coincidental!