Replacement Board Needed

Thread: Replacement Board Needed

Replacement Board Needed

Hi! a guy that I know has an MSI 6195 Motherboard this board uses AMD slot A so his processor is an Athlon slot A.

He would like to change his motherboard as he is having problems is it at all possible to get a motherboard that will support an Athlon slot A processor or will he just have to buy a new one.

Thanks

Try here...

Pricewatch. Search their site for "Athlon Slot A Motherboard" and take your pick!
    Sooouuuushi!

Banned
    as you are in the UK (as shown) here is a page from dabs.com @ Bolton (UK) ,,,, http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-se...b=manufacturer as u can see those boards are not as plentiful as they once where ,,,,,

also check thru there "b" grade stock

u may end up paying less / better performance in a newer board/skt cpu (duron etc)

anyway ,,,good luck

FtF

i have to agree with freddy. you'll probably be better off going with a cheap socket a board and duron cpu as the slot a boards are getting hard to find.
    take care and tempt not the fates

There were several available on ebay.uk yesterday it may be worth a look,but then again for the extra few quid it may be worth upgrading to a socket A board and gain the extra performance from the extra onboard cache.

I'd go with the ECS K7s5A mobo and a Duron 1-1.2 GHz

ECS board sells for around $55
    Coolermaster cpu fan sells for around $6
    you can get a duron or 1.2Ghz athlon for around $50

total is just over getting a Slot A board which can't do anything over 950MHz anyways.

The ECS board comes with sound and Lan on the mobo and supports SDRAM.

Thanks guys not really sure on what to do yet need to look around as well so i'll let you know what happens.

Thanks

Hi! the system is having problems because it has been upgraded to XP Home OS and the MSI 6195 board is not XP compatible for some apparant reason.

Do any of you gus know of a good board that is slot A and will work under an XP OS. The guy dosn't want to spend to much on this system because he is thinking of buying a new one soon he just wants to use it as a second system under XP.

Thanks

It may be obvious, but did he try to update the BIOS to the latest possible version for that board - may be, this problem is already solved in new BIOS update. Check it out.

No already tried that it already has the latest BIOS version. It states on the MSI website that the bard is not compatible with the XP OS.]

I have tried everything I could think of but no luck so this is why a new board is needed.

Thanks