Matsonic MS8127C Suggestions Please :)

Thread: Matsonic MS8127C Suggestions Please :)

Wink Matsonic MS8127C Suggestions Please :)

Here is the System:

AMD T-Bird 850
    Matsonic MS8127C w/VIA Apollo Kt133
    ..that includes sound
    128 MB SDRAM
    30 GIG HDD
    12x AOpen DVD ROM
    32 Bit ATI Rage 128 AGP Xpert 2000 Graphics
    E773 ViewSonic 17" Flatscreen
    Windows 98 SE

I have recently come to the conclusion that I cannot get my graphics card to work well with my motherboard, as after each bootup, a system lockup is normal.

ATI says that sometimes with VIA chipsets, the graphics cards require more configuration, more work, more headache, etc..

So, what I want to do is get another graphics card. However, I don't know what revision my mainboard is, nor can I find out (easily), as I bought my system built.

Anybody have any suggestions? I gotta know what kind of graphics card I should purchase in order to avoid such a HASSLE in the future.

Thanks.

Tony Vallester

Exclamation

Check it out at the first screen, some manuf. will put a logo, but can switch this logo to see ur system info, try presing tab butom, or presing alt+esc butoms to see ur system, maybe in ur board bios could said ur revision.
    maybe something like xxx.2332xxx or something else, what kind of chipset it is, award, pheonix or what?

It's AWARD Bios..

Pop the lid on the system and look on the motherboard - it's normally there (never seen one without), somewhere it'll say rev.....whatever.

Hope this helps.