Canon Oddity

Thread: Canon Oddity

Canon Oddity

Has anyone worked on the C2500, BJC 4100/4400 models? I'm running into some issues with the print on th 2500 while the cartridges work on the 4100/4400. I've just bought ink absorber pads as detailed in www.rechargermag.com (search for c2500). Maybe we can get all the mysterious c2500's back up and running?
    UsePost2000
    IT Consultant
    A+, MCP, MCP+I, MCSA,
    MCSE, MCSE2000, MCDBA,
    MCT, CCNA, CCNP

Re: Canon Oddity

Originally posted by UsePost2000
    Has anyone worked on the C2500, BJC 4100/4400 models? I'm running into some issues with the print on th 2500 while the cartridges work on the 4100/4400. I've just bought ink absorber pads as detailed in www.rechargermag.com (search for c2500). Maybe we can get all the mysterious c2500's back up and running?
    What issues, precisely?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I've had print heads go bad quite often on these printers. Changing the ink didn't help the printing, so the next thing is the print head. Print head is not part of the ink cartridge like on a HP printer.

In case you haven't already done so, you can check out Canon's website for your MultiPass C2500 . Notice the links there for Supplies, User's Guide, etc. As a last resort, you could try emailing Tech Support...they are usually pretty good at responding within a day or so...
    Good Luck!

from past experience with some older Canon models (BJC4000, 4100, 600 etc..) I can say that they are not too reliable. (the new Sxxx series are) I've seen many of those frying communications chips etc..

with printers being so cheapand ink so expensive today I see no point to fix printers or even replace ink cartrgies (if they run out of ink too fast). Just get a new printer (they usually come with a black and color ink cartriges) for about $20-$40 more than the ink for old printers !!

Being an Epson service center, we don't get a lot of Canon printers in, but the ones we get most are the ones using the bci-21 cartridges..canon customer support told us that the print head in these models are considered user replaceable and a lifespan of 3-5 cartridge changes is considered normal, but if the printer isnt used frequently or sits for a period of time idle, then it may need a new head after only 1-2 cartridge changes. Unfortunate considering the cost of the print head and cartridges is around 50-60 bucks......