manual codec installation

Thread: manual codec installation

manual codec installation

anyone know how to manually install the win98 codec lhacm.acm in XP? Tried adding the line in system.ini in the drivers32 section and that isn;t the ticket. have to have this codec installed. any help appreciated. thanks a bunch

try adding it to C:\WINDOWS\system32
    thats where all my *.ACM files are

Could you do a check for me???

Thanks for the reply. I have the codec sitting in that directory and have an entry in system.ini. Could you possibly copy the associated registry entry including which subkeys it fits into and drop them in an email to me as an attachment or post them here. Seems that the two WinXP upgrades I did at home didn't import this codec. I would highly appreciate it!!

Phil

These Lernout & Hauspie codecs were intended for Win9x/WinNT, from what I could find on the net. (http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q265094&)

If you need them, they could probably be re-installed by running the IE 5.5 setup, but IE 6 is the default browser on WinXP, so that's a bit more complicated.

I would try installing/re-installing the latest Media Player to see if that might not correct your problem first.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

L&H Codec....

Truly these are win 9x codecs....Lernhout & Hauspie are both in jail right now for defrauding investors during the old days...just a little joke. been the route of uninstalling and reinstalling win mp7. still doesnt install this codec. but thanks so much for the adivice.

Phil