My Documents folder on start menu?

Thread: My Documents folder on start menu?

My Documents folder on start menu?

Okay, I put the Control Panel cascading folder applet on my start menu and thought to myself that having the same thing for the "My Documents" folder would be really handy. This is the code I used to try and create the folder:

"My Documents. {450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}"

While I get a folder, it is not the folder that is on the desktop. If I remove the space after the period, I get a "windows" icon instead of a "folder" icon. The space, therefore, is necessary. I copied the "my documents" folder to the start menu and I have a cascading menu which is very useful. It, however, does not update when I save to "my documents" on the desktop. I realize that if I start saving to the start\menu programs\my documents folder that I created it will default as the save directory, however I know there must be a way to solve this. Could the CLSID # be wrong.

Thanks for any help,
    Bill

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    Since you've already got it halfway working, why not just change the target on your desktop icon to point to c:\start\menu programs\my documents?
    WWBRD?

Windows won't let you change the target for "My Documents."

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    I'm running win98se, it allows me to right click on the desktop icon and change the path to anything I'd like.

If that doesn't work for you, you could open up regedit and do a search for c:\my documents and change the path there, but really you should just be able to do it from your desktop icon.
    WWBRD?