Funky names in the NFL

Thread: Funky names in the NFL

Funky names in the NFL

And just to name a few...

Tim Biakabatuka (Panthers Still?)
    Marques Tuiasosopo (Raiders)
    Chris Fuamatu-Ma afala (Steelers)
    Masafumi Kawaguchi (Just released from the 49ers today)
    Obafemi Ayanbadejo (Dolphins)
    Adewale Ogunleye (Dolphins)

So uh,.. what's up with that? Are these really names? Or did someone just throw some letters together and practice pronouncing it just to be original?
    Hello World

Internet Linebacker
    Fu wins just cuz he's the only one who's name stretches shoulder to shoulder on his jersey.

Also Antwaan Randle El and Plaxico Burress of the Steelers. Who the hell names a kid Plaxico?

And that kicker Vanderjagt. I don't remember his first name though.

Originally posted by Cobra Tha Funky Homo Sapien
    Fu wins just cuz he's the only one who's name stretches shoulder to shoulder on his jersey.
    LOL,.. no doubt! We have a winner!
    Hello World

What about Heywood Jablowmie?
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Originally posted by Cobra Tha Funky Homo Sapien
    And that kicker Vanderjagt. I don't remember his first name though.
    I'm pretty sure it's just Mike. He's Canadian too!
    Hard work often pays off in the long run, but Lazyness always pays off now.

Nah, these aren't names. They're anagram puzzles. You know, unscramble the letters to make cute holiday phrases. Let's see now. . .
    Floor 1, Room 3572A, Section Cl9, Cubicle 2ZBG-Q45

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    I remember when Chris Fuamatu-Ma afala played at Utah. Back a few years ago Utah played Wisconsin in the Copper Bowl in Tucson (now the insight.com Bowl in Phoenix). The PA announcer at Wildcat Stadium just gave up and would announce #34 for 4 yards!
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Internet Linebacker
    Originally posted by Major Kong
    I remember when Chris Fuamatu-Ma afala played at Utah. Back a few years ago Utah played Wisconsin in the Copper Bowl in Tucson (now the insight.com Bowl in Phoenix). The PA announcer at Wildcat Stadium just gave up and would announce #34 for 4 yards!
    I was at the Pittsburgh vs. Washington preseason game a couple of weeks ago, and it was funny as hell whenver Fu was announced. Everyone else's name just flowed off the announcer's tongue quickly. But he'd be all slow & deliberate with Fu, making sure to get [b]every[/i] single tiny syllable out. Seriously, it would take him like 5 seconds to say "Chris Fuamatu-Ma'Afala.".

I still love how the Madden football games can't fit his name on his jersey, the roster, or the stat book, so they just list him as "Chris Fuamatu-Ma'"

Has anyone heard of Jim Dela'Agyuriofkicmaldjkehhjkak GOO aholio? Man that guy kicks azz for being a madeup player.

Whatever happened to the good ol days of football names? Like Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Jim Plunkett, Brent Jones, or Terry Bradshaw? You know,.. like REAL football names.

I think there should be laws concerning the vowel to consanant ratio in names no matter what the language. Like Elvis Grbac. Shouldn't it be Elvis Gerbac? Naw,.. that would be too easy. And why waste that extra letter anyway? I mean who needs it? Or like Brett Favre? I swear,.. one of these days he should run down and get that legally fixed. "Hi,.. I'm Brett Favre and I'd like to fix that letter mixup in my name please."

And don't think I'm leaving myself out of this. My name is Sean. As proud as I am of my name,.. I mean, c'mon!! How does one get "sh" out of s-e-a-n? Shouldn't it be Shon? Or Shaughn? No,.. too many extra letters. Maybe Shawn? Naw, that's considered the female version. Oh well.

I hear there's more funky names to come too. Here's the list I picked up from the NFL draft page:

Tom Toohoymatusipaparoachiemama (running back)
    Bob SDKLfjalskdjfksdjfkalsdjflkdjflakjsdkjJHSJKDFHKSDJ (running back)
    Mulapikatchupomamsitacalakaka Be (running back)

Hey wait a second,.. why do these funky named individuals always seem to become running backs more times than not? Hmmm.

And one more thing. Does anyone know how many Smiths are allowed per team?
    Last edited by WebHawg; August 26th, 2002 at 04:07 PM.
    Hello World