Log-In Scripts from Win2K Server.

Thread: Log-In Scripts from Win2K Server.

Log-In Scripts from Win2K Server.

How does one make log-in scripts run in a W2K server? I know the way to do it on an NT4 machine but don't see the Repl folder in the 2K machine.

?????????

Thanks!!!

Sorry for all these questions but they want to set up a W2K server and I'm not that familiar with certain things, and I know there are tons of knowledgeable and helpful people here!!!

Thanks a million!!!!

You can see this thread more options. This is how I'd do it.

Do this at a DC. Go to start/programs/administrative tools and click default domain policy.

Drill down to user configuration/windows settings/scripts and double click logon.

Click add/browse and right click in the window. Then click new/text document and name it whaterver.bat.

Edit whatever.bat to your liking.

Then select whatever.bat as your logon script and click ok a couple times. Viola.

Also, if there's already a logon script available in that folder just edit that so that to map your drives unless you want to create the new batch file... doesn't matter much either way.
    Last edited by silencio; August 30th, 2002 at 10:10 AM.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

For you VBS guys out there (And We KNOW who we are) you should take a look at: http://cwashington.netreach.net/
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"