Frustrated Canadian w/ win2000Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Frustrated Canadian w/ win2000Pro

AH! got you
    try this freeware applicationNTFS for windows 98

OK, If you can boot with a Win98 disk, but just can't read the drive, use NTFS Dos.

It is a DOS program that runs from a Win98 boot disk.

You can get it at www.sysinternals.com
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"

Seems we visited the same site ShadowKing

Oops.

Sorry, Though I do get a lot of my tools from them.

I also bought the ERD Commander from www.winternals.com it has saved my butt a couple times already...
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"

as previously posted by someone at these forums, there's always ntfs reader for DOS

quote: "NTFS Reader for DOS is a freeware tool that provides read access to NTFS partitions within the MS-DOS environment. You can preview files on NTFS and copy files from NTFS to FAT volumes or network drives.

Product's interface is easy-to-use. Can be run from DOS bootable floppy."

good luck~
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

May I suggest partition magic 7? If you can boot off a floppy, then you may be able to create partition magic boot floppies on another PC, then boot off them. If the app recognizes the drive as NFTS, you may be able to convert to FAT32, or copy the drive data to another partition or drive that is formatted in FAT32. Then, if that works, you can try booting off your win98 drive and hopefully, all the data on the "bad" drive will be accessible in the FAT32 partition / drive. That's assuming the data isn't already toasted from previous recovery attempts. Other than that, try a data recovery shop as a last resort if the data is absolutely vital.

Hope this helps,
    good luck
    Soltek SL-85ERV, Pentium 4 2.25 GHz @ 3.1 GHz, with the aid of a Swiftech Mx4000 heatsink + 80mm Delta SHE fan, 512 MB Corsair XMS 3200 DDR, dual IBM 120GXP 40GB HDDs in Raid 0, dual WD200 20 GB HDDs in Raid 0, Asus 16X DVD, HP 9340i CDRW, Nakamichi 16X 5 disc minichanger, VisionTek GeForce 4 Ti4600, Adaptec 2940 UW SCSI PCI, Mitsubishi DiamondPro 91, WinXP Pro, RUNS LIKE A DREAM!!!!!

"In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary...come again?"