Steamroom??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steamroom??

Steamroom??

What in the heck happened to the Steamroom?

For that matter, What happened to this whole forum?
    There seems to be quiet a bit of back archived posts that are simply gone....

Geez a guy gets upset and leaves for a while only to come back and find out someone p155ed in his cheerios....

Re: Steamroom??

Originally posted by *SlyVenom*
    What in the heck happened to the Steamroom?

For that matter, What happened to this whole forum?
    There seems to be quiet a bit of back archived posts that are simply gone....

Geez a guy gets upset and leaves for a while only to come back and find out someone p155ed in his cheerios....
    I don't think that the steam room is comming back.. from some digging around i have found two forums that are locked out(and hiding). I suspect that one is the moderators forum the other a play forum where scott was learning how to set permissions (or a future steam?). I've resigned to no more Steam room.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Welcome back!
    Sooouuuushi!

Since I lost over a hundred posts in this last upgrade to the forum, I've pretty much given up on the Steam Room. As a consequence, I've been visiting here less and less frequently.

In my opinion things have gotten a lot better since the time Sowulo has left. People arn't fighting nearly as much, and this place had gotten back to what it origionally was. A place for computer techs to share information. I know for a fact, I've had a huge change in my posts, as I barely even enter the lounge anymore, and have gotten back to helping others and getting help from people. I say it's time to let old dogs lie and move on.

hey Sly! welcome back!

Welcome Back Sly,
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

I wasn't here during the whole revamp, but it seems to be working now..

Originally posted by Quiet Thunder

In my opinion things have gotten a lot better since the time Sowulo has left. People arn't fighting nearly as much, and this place had gotten back to what it origionally was. A place for computer techs to share information. I know for a fact, I've had a huge change in my posts, as I barely even enter the lounge anymore, and have gotten back to helping others and getting help from people. I say it's time to let old dogs lie and move on.
    In my opinion, Sowulo wasn't the problem. He left because of the problem. The rest of us resigned ourselves to live with the issues that drove Curt away. Some people like to point fingers and pick scabs...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

As I understand it, the Steam Room cannot be revived until the next version of vBB because of the sheer numbers involved.

Please don't quote me on that
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

In my opinion, Sowulo wasn't the problem. He left because of the problem. The rest of us resigned ourselves to live with the issues that drove Curt away. Some people like to point fingers and pick scabs...

If you are referring to me, I never said that he was the problem, or had anything to do with the problem. I simply said that since his departure the problem has been solved. Except for certain select members who like to drag it back out of the closet.

/me quotes NooNoo

Originally posted by NooNoo
    As I understand it, the Steam Room cannot be revived until the next version of vBB because of the sheer numbers involved.

Please don't quote me on that
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Originally posted by Quiet Thunder

If you are referring to me, I never said that he was the problem, or had anything to do with the problem. I simply said that since his departure the problem has been solved. Except for certain select members who like to drag it back out of the closet.
    If quoting someone is "dragging", then I'm guilty. Describing the WinDrivers forums as a being better place lately would have been more appropriate instead of relating it to Curt's departure. Or you, Quiet Thunder, could have said, "WinDrivers has been a better place since I've decided to spend less time in the Tech Lounge." Do you understand what I'm trying to say here? Relating the change to somebody isn't appropriate...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

Banned
    Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

If quoting someone is "dragging", then I'm guilty. Describing the WinDrivers forums as a being better place lately would have been more appropriate instead of relating it to Curt's departure. Or you, Quiet Thunder, could have said, "WinDrivers has been a better place since I've decided to spend less time in the Tech Lounge." Do you understand what I'm trying to say here? Relating the change to somebody isn't appropriate...
    Or the fact that Subzero hasn't been around for you to goad on as well!!!!

But as a whole, yes things have gotten much better. Heck, Lycia and I can post in the same thread now, LIKE CIVIL HUMANS!!!!!!(or as much of one a slack-jawed yokel can dream of becoming)

I knew you'd be back...

WinDrivers Forums are the badest of addictions!

Welcome back.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams