concerns about tomorrow (11th)

View Poll Results: Have you changed at all in the past year?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyday life has changed for me

1 3.33%
  • I think differently

9 30.00%
  • Not really, but some things I take notice

12 40.00%
  • Not at all.

8 26.67%

Thread: concerns about tomorrow (11th)

Post concerns about tomorrow (11th)

With the 11th being tomorrow, "high alert" being posted by the FBI and Attorney General -- I have to wonder about the precessions in downtown New York

I hope I don't disturb anyone by saying that'd be the worst place they could hit...again....on that day. I hope during this time nothing does happen, but I am expecting the usual lame a** people to call in bomb threats, etc etc etc, but I hope nothing comes of it.

As alert as last year has made the US, I really dont see anything major happening tomorrow. The Taliban have proved to be very patient, when they strike again, it will be when its least expected, not when "The media" expects it.

As far as "How has my life changed" Not much rather than being on the retail side and not having much work to do (which sucks when you work off of commision) Guess Im fortunate to still have a job after all that has happened though..
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Thanks to A d e p t for the avatar!!!!

Im done here

One more reason to lift bans on automatic weapons.

Outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have guns.

The main thing I am concerned about tomorrow is that the current System Admin, his counterpart IT person and the plant HR director are having a meeting to decide weather or not my position becomes full time or remains an internship. I am hopeing for good news!
    Sooouuuushi!

The media is hyping the hell out of it all.

I see the repercussions of what happened every day. At work, on my drive to work and home, at the store.

I see it in people's faces, and with all the BS of it being re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-shown for the XX thousandth time only makes it worse on a lot of the people I deal with every day.

I don't need to see it on TV (and I'm boycotting most TV this week).

Sure, we should not forget it, but every year on Dec 7th, do all the news channels re-show all the Pearle Harbor footage all day? No.
    D-Day? No.

Don't forget.
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

Smurf Village : 3rd house on the left next to the wishing well
    None.

Nothing is going to happen. All media hype to sell newspapers and get people tuning into there stations.

Cheers
    PapaSmurf
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Codename "PapaSmurf" 007 :

Past Missions : Protecting the world from the Goldeneye Kid - Status Complete
    Undercover as a International Playboy photographer : Status Complete
    Bodygaurd for the Victoria Secrets girls : On going job

well I heard on the news today that we have specail forces here in califoria all setup with missiles and crap...

Lesseee, typical conversation at a news media group

Editor in chief, any good murders?

Journalist, no

Ed: Any good scandals?

Journalist: no

Hmmm got it, lets rerun last years then....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Banned
    Great, my company just passed out little American flags and flag pins. Can't wait to see what they want us to do tomorrow. I am going to be seriously boycotting major television tomorrow. Only comedy channel(SouthPark), Fox(Drew Carey, followed by the Simpsons), and movie channels.

i just started working for a major TV/Radio station here yesterday. This place is already going bananas over all this crap.

tommorrow should be real interesting here.
    It's good to be the King.

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    Originally posted by TheLow1
    One more reason to lift bans on automatic weapons.

Outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have guns.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox
    I'll be boycotting t.v. this week also. I've seen enough promos already with the networks cramming this down our throats.

When I go through an airport three months after 9-11, and I'm not even asked for my boarding pass when I get to security, now THAT's scary!

Originally posted by MacGyver
    When I go through an airport three months after 9-11, and I'm not even asked for my boarding pass when I get to security, now THAT's scary!
    Scary is that my wife never sets off the metal detectors.

Oh, yeah, did I forget to mention that she has prosthetic hips (titanium)?

She set them off at the court building in NYC, but never at the airports...

Yet they nab and search my brother in law because he has a pair of nail-clippers (that he had out and showed them)
    Live Free or Die

Never forget, never lose those who have been lost.

My Malinois is smarter than your honor roll student!

I'm just glad I have tomorrow off from work. I have a feeling traffic is going to be hellish. I heard on the radio that they're going to have all the "Amber Alert" signs blinking red in honor of Sep. 11th. Now WTF is that? How in the hell does blinking red lights in the middle of rush hour traffic help anything or even honor anything? You know the news is gonna be on all day talking about it. The media is just waiting for something to happen. It sucks I tell ya! Look at how exploited this has become. The closer it gets to the 1 year anniversary, more BS I see in the newspapers, etc. Like "REMEMBERING" in the headlines, or "WE WON'T FORGET", etc. Well duh! Of course we all remember and won't forget. Hell, why don't we just all run out to the grave sites of the poor victims and do a little dance all over their graves "in honor" of them. It's just a bunch of crap. I can't wait until September 12th when we're past all this media BS that is defacing what the day truly represents. But!,... just in case,... I did buy a 12er of Coke and 2 packs of Marlboro Lights just in case everything gets blown to smithereens. At least I'll be able to get my caffeine and nicotine for a couple days.
    Hello World