Telemarketers, What to do?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Telemarketers, What to do?

Telemarketers, What to do?

So I live on the WEST coast at a financial company. I work EAST coast hours. READ stock market hours. With that said you can understand why I go to bed about 8:00pm. For the last few weeks I have gotten this call from a Bank trying to get me to refinance my mortgage. They call at 8:45PM. I have gone through the recommended steps. Asking to be added to their "NO Call List" telling them to never call me again ect.

Last night it happened again. Call two after the call I told them never to call me again. I was able to get the guys name and where he was calling from. This morning after a few minutes on the internet I was able to get his HOME number and address.

NOW the question. What should I do with it? Call him in the middle of the night? Send him dog poo in the mail? What would you do?

This guy is just calling a number that the computer put infront of him right?

Find out who is reponsible for them calling - ie the guy in charge of the company and then call him at 2am!!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Originally posted by NooNoo
    This guy is just calling a number that the computer put infront of him right?

Find out who is reponsible for them calling - ie the guy in charge of the company and then call him at 2am!!
    You are right, BUT. If you are doing a job that is "Immoral" or "Wrong" is it the company you work for that is wrong? For example. Is the strip club owner "immoral" and not the strippers?

(If you consider stripping is wrong, Please don't be offended if you are a stripper or the owner of a strip club.)

Banned
    Actually, let them understand that you asked to be put on the "no call" list. They persist in calling you. You will be talking to a lawyer, you have all of their names, and you hope that when you walk in to get that new BMW 7series they have the one you want waiting.

Just mention lawyers and that you have documentation.

Then, if they still call, you call lawyer and make some money.

Banned
    Originally posted by TheLow1

You are right, BUT. If you are doing a job that is "Immoral" or "Wrong" is it the company you work for that is wrong? For example. Is the strip club owner "immoral" and not the strippers?

(If you consider stripping is wrong, Please don't be offended if you are a stripper or the owner of a strip club.)
    It is the owner that is "immoral" and "wrong". $7 for a beer, after I have to pay to get in, then I barely have anything left for the girls. SO so so wrong.

Originally posted by Cleetus

It is the owner that is "immoral" and "wrong". $7 for a beer, after I have to pay to get in, then I barely have anything left for the girls. SO so so wrong.
    VERY Wrong

First off, I would say taht what he is doing is unethical not immoral, but thats a WHOLE different topic...

I would go after the company he works for. George Hayduke's books are a great series on how to take revenge on those that have wronged you. The books themselves maye be immoral, but they are dang sure fun!
    What do you think of the Compaq Presarios?

Well personally, m'am, I wouldn't own a computer who's middle name is sorry

AGREE 100%. WRONG AND IMMORAL OWNER.
    And they try to save a buck by keeping the light too dim.

hmmmm.... so I heard.....
    C'est la Vie...

"I invented it, Bill made it famous." ~ David Bradley
    (wrote the code for Ctrl-Alt-Delete on the IBM PC)

"You know you're a geek when... You try to shoo a fly away from the monitor with your cursor." ~ Juuso Heimonen

Talk to you're phone company about caller id, annonymous call id and call rejection. Pretty cheap when it comes to your sleep. I went away for a week and returned only to find over 40 calls. Only a handful of them were from people I knew and forgot I was leaving. I got call rejection the next day. Not a single telemarketer since.

Come on you can do it, do like the guy does in the Snickers comercial, Hell Ill give ya the bus fair, if ya get it on tape.... (You have to spring for the airfair though)
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Thanks to A d e p t for the avatar!!!!

Im done here

If you don't mind the hassle, just unplug your phone line at night and plug it back in when you get up.
    No more annoying phone calls at night anymore!!!!

I have to do that once in a while myself.

tele-zapper...
    i love peta...and sars...
    and bin laden....and n. korea....and china...and p2p...spyware...

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar

You need to come down here to SA. Most of the clubs have no cover, or its a few bucks, beer is cheap during happy hour (which usually goes from 3pm to 10pm) and they encourage using only ones to tip the girls. (Its nice to give more, though)

What's fun is when I had to go to one of these clubs to fix a cash register....got in free, stood around watching, and THEY paid ME!

hmm...what was this thread about.....something about telemarketing?
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Originally posted by Chris_MacMahon
    tele-zapper...
    I have been informed by those in the know that those things worked for about a month or two after they were released. Now everyone has systems that resist it
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Originally posted by FatalException0E

I have been informed by those in the know that those things worked for about a month or two after they were released. Now everyone has systems that resist it
    I too heard these where not as effective as they are advertised to be.