What is the detonator?

Thread: What is the detonator?

What is the detonator?

Hi, I have the ChainTech Ti4600 128 mb nVidia. I have read the thread aboutthe new detonator on nvidia's wesite. I have the normal drivers installed which came from the CD. Is teh detonator compatible with my card?

Sorry, but I have no idea what this thing is.
    Thanks for any advise.

Detonators or the "latest dets" are the reference drivers created by nvidia for their chipsets.

Many Many card manufacturers just use the reference drivers for the customers.

The reference drivers are the base drivers supplied by the chipset manuafacturer to drive the chipset, but if there are other features on the card, the other features will be ignored.

If this is just a plain nvidia chipset graphic card, then the latest dets are supposed to be the best -- but not always. You should always keep a copy of the drivers originally supplied with the card, just in case.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    The best dets IMHO as of now are the 30.82's which are whql certified, the new 40 series have ben causing problems with some
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Originally posted by Radical Dreamer
    The best dets IMHO as of now are the 30.82's which are whql certified, the new 40 series have ben causing problems with some

Det 40 drivers are still in beta.

Bugs are to be expected.

Originally posted by cookin chef

Det 40 drivers are still in beta.

Bugs are to be expected.

Havn't noticed any bugs.. but frame rates increased
    Spend One Hour of Every Day Like it was Your last, you'll Live much better that way