UT2k3 DEMO OUT!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UT2k3 DEMO OUT!!!

Originally posted by Radical Dreamer

Bah, I got it cranked to the top with all effects turned on and I'm still getting over 60FPS......I love my GF 4 Ti 1.7 and 768 DDR
    Hehe, RD. That a Ti4600 by any chance? Also, what Mobo you using? Was just wondering cause your system is sounding like mine.

P4-1.7GHz
    Shuttle AV40 Mobo
    768MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
    VisionTek Xtasy Ti4600
    SB Live!
    (not including the drives, ethernet, and misc.)

P.S.-I been playing the demo at 1280x with everything up all the way, 2x AA and Anistropic Filtering (40.41 Dets that are giving some flickering btw). At 1600x it starts getting a bit choppy, though haven't tried turning AA/AF off. Other than that, it's pretty kewl
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)

Its got nice graphics. Pretty much the only thing that can be said about it. Seems kinda like a glorified expansion pack really. Oh well, some people enjoy multiplayer only games, some don't. I'll stick with Morrowind and Homeworld (old but great) until The Next Great Thing comes along.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

It's only a demo. Just enough to get used to the new look and feel. Personally, I am not that impressed. Once I get the full version, with all the different skins and levels then it will be that of legend.
    Sooouuuushi!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Originally posted by DSTech

Hehe, RD. That a Ti4600 by any chance? Also, what Mobo you using? Was just wondering cause your system is sounding like mine.

P4-1.7GHz
    Shuttle AV40 Mobo
    768MB Crucial PC2100 DDR
    VisionTek Xtasy Ti4600
    SB Live!
    (not including the drives, ethernet, and misc.)

P.S.-I been playing the demo at 1280x with everything up all the way, 2x AA and Anistropic Filtering (40.41 Dets that are giving some flickering btw). At 1600x it starts getting a bit choppy, though haven't tried turning AA/AF off. Other than that, it's pretty kewl
    All the same cept I got the 4400, I got it the first few days of release so I paid 500X the price

And in reply to the 40.41's causing problems, read the readme file on the demo, it says that those drivers are incompatible.

And yes, same board same amount of memory, I got 1 512mb Kingston 1 128kingston and 1 128 of crucial
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I'm not having a prob with the 40.41's and the demo...looks just fine on a Ti 4600.

Nice graphics, but the gameplay has always been TOO repetative for me. Heck I still have the UT Team expansion pack sitting on my dresser unopened.

Nahh right now the only online gaming I'm doing is the Earth and Beyond beta test...now THAT kicks butt!
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Talking

Just wait for Doom 3. You will forget all about UT2k3. It will be just like when Doom first came out (or Wolfenstein for those of us who remember).

hehe yea I remember.

Yep waiting on Doom 3 too, it's a better fit for me anyway it's primarily a single player, id is not even worrying about a mp version until the sp is out and released.
    Hopefully it will be more co-op than deathmatch.
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up

Have you guys used the "gentoo live UT2003 Demo" yet?

I have It worked perfectly for me.. bloody awesome.. And I'm fairly sure it ran smoother with more fruit under Linux than under the windows version..

I hope they do this sort of thing more often.. Being able to play linux games without having to install linux is bloody excellent.. I know that I'll be buying the linux version over the windows version..
    "The fact that I think Bach was mistaken doesn't alter the fact that I think the B-minor Mass is one of the greatest pinnacles of human achievement. It still absolutely moves me to tears to hear it. I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously" - Douglas Adams

You're gonna run the linux version on Windows instead of the windows version???

Why??
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up

I don't think you understand what I meant..

I meant that when the linux/windows versions are released I will choose the linux version over the windows version..

I'm by no means a Linux guru but I appreciate intelligent idea's/projects.

I'll support Linux in anyway I can.
    "The fact that I think Bach was mistaken doesn't alter the fact that I think the B-minor Mass is one of the greatest pinnacles of human achievement. It still absolutely moves me to tears to hear it. I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously" - Douglas Adams

Ahhh I see, yes you're right I didn't quite get your drift.
    By all means support what you think is right.
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up

Its nice to see some of the "Quakers" realize that there is a real game out ther now

BTW, I have a VooDoo card as well, and no luck....guess its time to upgrade

So long Vodoo, its been a blast....
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Thanks to A d e p t for the avatar!!!!

Im done here

Talking

Hey I have some cool info for those of you who want to get the most out of the Ut2003 demo. Open your ut2003.ini file in the UT2003Demo\System\ folder and replace Normal after the lines that say TextureDetail*= with UltraHigh . It makes some of the levels look pretty damn sweet! Oh yea and check your settings after you are done when you are in the game, notice it says ultrahigh now and in some of them you can only select normal
    Mess with the best, Die like the Rest.

Why is this taking so darn long???

There has been a lot of anticipation for the new flavor of UT. It's been scheduled for release for what seems like forever. I'm happy the demo is finally out but it's still somewhat dissapointing. Dissapointing as in because it's the demo, not the full version.

Anyone know the real reason behind the delay?? It's been rumored that they've been waiting for higher end video cards that uses agp 8x and direct X9 -is there any validity to this? How long would it take before this becomes the new standard?

In the beginning of the summer I upgraded my main box's agp to AIW 8500DV. Everyone told me I should have waited. Is this so? Is the graphics engine behind the new UT that complex?? I noticed one gentlemen said that it ran fine under his GeF.2 -did it really? Those of you who have already installed the demo -can you give us a more accurate representation of the graphics needs?

BTW, anyone know if they've incorporated a new version of Face within the new full version?

Until we meet again....In my cross-hairs....HEAD SHOT!!

Originally posted by Tazdrummer
    I already got it!!!

How long did you have to wait to get it downloaded?
    I noticed PileofCRAPPlanet, I mean Fileplanet had 13 servers set for the subscribers while there were 4 with a 91 minute wait for the nonsubscribers

My new place for downloading only had a 3 minute wait!!!!
    Downloading to KaZaA server now.