Can you say GONE GOLD??!!??!!??

Thread: Can you say GONE GOLD??!!??!!??

Can you say GONE GOLD??!!??!!??

Thats right, UT 2003 has officially gone GOLD today. http://www.ina-community.com/forums/announcement.php?forumid=260

Soooooooooooooooooo at the end of the month, its FINALLY here!!!

<----I'm ready!!
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

I love having a friend work at gamestop I get it when there shipment come in. FOUR more days for me.

"Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

Great!!!!! Now I have to come up with and excuse to get a new video card before it comes out......My poor, poor, Voodoo just cant handle it *sniff* *sniff*
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Thanks to A d e p t for the avatar!!!!

Im done here

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Originally posted by cc_penguin
    Great!!!!! Now I have to come up with and excuse to get a new video card before it comes out......My poor, poor, Voodoo just cant handle it *sniff* *sniff*
    Yer still using a 3dfx, thats excuse enough! Dont get me wrong, I'm a huge 3dfx fan, but damn its gettin old
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

heh.. I beat ya to it..

"The fact that I think Bach was mistaken doesn't alter the fact that I think the B-minor Mass is one of the greatest pinnacles of human achievement. It still absolutely moves me to tears to hear it. I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously" - Douglas Adams

Originally posted by Radical Dreamer

Yer still using a 3dfx, thats excuse enough! Dont get me wrong, I'm a huge 3dfx fan, but damn its gettin old
    Old is the keyword there, name one card that has been out as long, and can run any game out there (well, until recently)....

Right now, Im conteplating to see if the game will work under a Voodoo, Linux combo... Once I find out Ill post the results.
    Im determined that I will breathe a bit more life into this wonderfull little card, It hasnt let me down since I got it......whoa, what since 97 I think..... Thats a great life for any video card....
    If all else fails, it would always go great in a Linux server
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Im done here

Old is the keyword there, name one card that has been out as long, and can run any game out there (well, until recently)....

Right now, Im conteplating to see if the game will work under a Voodoo, Linux combo... Once I find out Ill post the results.
    Im determined that I will breathe a bit more life into this wonderfull little card, It hasnt let me down since I got it......whoa, what since 97 I think..... Thats a great life for any video card....
    If all else fails, it would always go great in a Linux server
    I thought I saw that the latest patch for the demo had support for Voodoos and Matrox cards.

But CC you really might want to joing the GeForce family.

Or how about a nice RADEON 9700 PRO

Taz Yeah the leaked version did, but on the demo the machine just reboots when you start up the demo?!?!?! Ill give the Voodoo Linux combo a whirl before being forced to upgrade...

Jungleman Since I still have the Voodoo, you can tell Im not into having the latest, greatest thing.... As long as it works, its good enough for me. Well until this came out anyways. Thanks for the recommendations though
    With all of the support that the Voodoo gets from third parties, Im sure someone will come out with a fix.. (They did for XP..)
    Last edited by cc_penguin; September 23rd, 2002 at 07:00 AM.
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Im done here

Taz Yeah the leaked version did, but on the demo the machine just reboots when you start up the demo?!?!?! Ill give the Voodoo Linux combo a whirl before being forced to upgrade...

Jungleman Since I still have the Voodoo, you can tell Im not into having the latest, greatest thing.... As long as it works, its good enough for me. Well until this came out anyways. Thanks for the recommendations though
    With all of the support that the Voodoo gets from third parties, Im sure someone will come out with a fix.. (They did for XP..)
    Click here to read up on the story, you are gonna have to scroll down a little....

Here it is also......

More on the Demo Patch - Fragmaster -
    9/17/02 9:45 PST - General UT2003 News
    A small UT2003 demo patch was released last night, here's what it fixed:
    Fixed support for Voodoo3 / Matrox G400.
    Fixed initial framerate hitches in network play.
    Fixed the jittery screen updates in the server browser when sorting by ping.
    Fixed a possible DoS attack in the server code.
    Fixed a few other minor potential crashes.
    If you're still having problems getting your Voodoo to work, Epic's Dan Vogel has this to say:

With the 1080 patch you might run into this "Assertion failed: RenDev [File:WinViewport.cpp] [Line: 536]" bug on Voodoo 3/5 cards. Please set your desktop resolution to 16 bit and also don't try to run the game in 32 bit mode. If you can't get the game to start up any more set Use16bit to true in the D3DRenderDevice section of your UT2003.ini file.
    This has been addressed for the full version of the game

Originally posted by Tazdrummer

Click here to read up on the story, you are gonna have to scroll down a little....

Here it is also......

If you're still having problems getting your Voodoo to work, Epic's Dan Vogel has this to say:

With the 1080 patch you might run into this "Assertion failed: RenDev [File:WinViewport.cpp] [Line: 536]" bug on Voodoo 3/5 cards. Please set your desktop resolution to 16 bit and also don't try to run the game in 32 bit mode. If you can't get the game to start up any more set Use16bit to true in the D3DRenderDevice section of your UT2003.ini file.
    Sweet, Thanks!!!!! Ill try it tomorrow night and let ya know (class tonight )
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Im done here

For anyone looking, you can get the patch right here with no waiting....
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Im done here

Originally posted by Tazdrummer

Here it is also......

That's good news! I'll have to give it a whirl, but I think I will still upgrade anyway. Primarilly because regular UT runs a bit slower than I care for.
    May the Schwartz be with you
    Too many zeros, not enough ones.

I tried it last night, and trust me, you'll want to upgrade. It does play with the new patch, and I was getting an average of 20-35 FPS, but you do not get all of the textures displayed and the water just looks like a rainbow grid but it is playable now....
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Im done here