Australian discrimination at its best

Thread: Australian discrimination at its best

Australian discrimination at its best

Someone pointed me in this direction to this article, any of the Australians here would see the double humour in this article..

Sydney Morning Herald -- Monday, June 15th 1999:

An employee for Ansett Airlines Australia, whose the last name is Gay, got on a plane recently using his company's "Free Flight" program. However, when Mr. Gay went to his seat, he found it occupied by a paying passenger. So as not to make a fuss he simply chose another seat.

Unknown to Mr. Gay, another Ansett Australia flight was having mechanical problems so its passengers were rerouted to various other planes. A few were put on Mr. Gay's flight, so anyone holding a free ticket had to be "bumped".

Ansett officials, armed with a list of "freebee" ticket holders, boarded the plane to remove the non-revenue passengers. But you will recall that Mr. Gay was not in his assigned seat. When the Ticket Agent approached the seat where Mr. Gay was supposed to be sitting, she asked a startled customer, "Are you Gay?"
    The startled man shyly admitted that he was, in fact, gay, at which point the agent demanded, "In that case you have to get off the plane!"
    Mr. Gay, overhearing all this, tried to clear things up: "You've got the wrong man," he said. "I'm Gay!". This caused an angry third passenger to holler, "Hell, I'm gay too! They can't kick us all off!"
    Confusion reigned as more and more passengers began yelling that Ansett Australia had no right to remove passengers from their flights simply because they were gay.

Ansett has so far refused to comment on the incident.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahha
    hahahahahahahahhaahhahaahhaahahahahahh
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Please click Here and read the middle bit to see why it is all so funny

*many thanks to the Spaceman for providing me with this article
    Last edited by Mayet; September 28th, 2002 at 05:29 AM.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Cute story
    It just goes to show how a few misinterpreted words can spell Touble with a capital T.

I don't get it..
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

The company, one of Australia's largest is now bust..... bankrupt........... kapoot......now I see why....
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Mind you I`m not suprised they are insolvent if the staff curtesy level was so shall we say abrupt to the point of being insulting.