Just trying to consilidate all teh football talk into one thread.

My team finally won their first game, thanks entirely to Tommy Maddox. No thanks at all to Kordell Stewart. I'm tired of hearing sports writers and Kordell fans saying what great leadership Kordell showed by cheering Tommy & the rest of the team on once he got pulled. If Kordell had any kind of leadership skills at all, the Steelers wouldn't have been down by a touchdown with under 4 minutes to go. They would've had 2 TDs - the goal line fumble, and that lame pick he threw in the end zone. And they wouldn't have been humiliated by New England & Oaklan - not saying they would've won those games, but the score could've been much closer.

Nope, it was all Tommy Maddox, driving them 77 yards in under 2 minutes for the game tying TD. Sure he threw a pick in Browns territory, but that didn't seem like so much a bad throw as it was a great defensive play by the Browns. Either way, Maddox didnt' let it rattle him, and drove them down the field again for the game winning field goal in overtime. Way to go, Tommy. You can lead this team any time, in my opinion. Now let's just hope Bill Cowher has sense enough to agree with that.

Meanwhile, the wheels on the Bus aren't going round and round anymore. Bettis looks bad. Real bad. It seems like every carry, he's wincing in pain. 14 attempts for 24 yards...I think it's over for him. He'll prolly retire this year - his body just can't take the punishment like it used to. I think it's time to start looking at starting Zeroeue and/or Fu.

And once again - Joey Porter is da man. Another great game from him, and the rest of the D for the most part. Don't worry - they should get better once Kendrell Bell is back in the line-up.