This weeks' official NFL "How my team did" thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This weeks' official NFL "How my team did" thread

Internet Linebacker

This weeks' official NFL "How my team did" thread

Just trying to consilidate all teh football talk into one thread.

My team finally won their first game, thanks entirely to Tommy Maddox. No thanks at all to Kordell Stewart. I'm tired of hearing sports writers and Kordell fans saying what great leadership Kordell showed by cheering Tommy & the rest of the team on once he got pulled. If Kordell had any kind of leadership skills at all, the Steelers wouldn't have been down by a touchdown with under 4 minutes to go. They would've had 2 TDs - the goal line fumble, and that lame pick he threw in the end zone. And they wouldn't have been humiliated by New England & Oaklan - not saying they would've won those games, but the score could've been much closer.

Nope, it was all Tommy Maddox, driving them 77 yards in under 2 minutes for the game tying TD. Sure he threw a pick in Browns territory, but that didn't seem like so much a bad throw as it was a great defensive play by the Browns. Either way, Maddox didnt' let it rattle him, and drove them down the field again for the game winning field goal in overtime. Way to go, Tommy. You can lead this team any time, in my opinion. Now let's just hope Bill Cowher has sense enough to agree with that.

Meanwhile, the wheels on the Bus aren't going round and round anymore. Bettis looks bad. Real bad. It seems like every carry, he's wincing in pain. 14 attempts for 24 yards...I think it's over for him. He'll prolly retire this year - his body just can't take the punishment like it used to. I think it's time to start looking at starting Zeroeue and/or Fu.

And once again - Joey Porter is da man. Another great game from him, and the rest of the D for the most part. Don't worry - they should get better once Kendrell Bell is back in the line-up.

I hope that Bill Cowher was only trying to play games with jim haslett when he said that he is "leaning" towards starting kordell against the saints next week in the post game news conference.

Cowher is IMO one of the smartest and best coaches in the NFL. He just seems to have this huge blind spot when it comes to kordell, and I can't figure out why. The quarterback job really is a no brainer, when you have a quaterback that works more effectively and produces more points in about 10 minutes than your other quarterback did through 3.75 quarters, it's pretty easy to see who should start.

In addition Maddox spreads the ball around. Mathis caught some balls, randle el some. with stewart it goes like this Ward, Ward, Ward, Burress, INT.

One thing that warms my heart about the NFL this year is that the bad guys really are finishing last (at least for now) I can't tell you guys that joy I feel seeing the ego maniacs Mike Martz and Brian Billick winless, not to mention big a-hole randy moss and the vikings not only unable to get a win, but completely embarrased by a seattle team that really isn't that good . . . . . just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

My team still, and I stress still, sucks the big one. Thats all I got to say about that.

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    What is that huge sucking noise I hear? Oh yeah, it's the Minnesota Viqueens. It doesn't get much worse than this. Then again, there's still many games left to f*ck up in.

Moss != super freak

Moss = stupid f*ck

We need to trade that PITA to somebody for a real defensive secondary.
    Last edited by Commander Klarg; September 30th, 2002 at 09:23 AM.
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

The 49er's had a bye week but still picked up another game lead over the Lams in the west!

The suprise game was the 4-0 Chargers over the Super Bowl
    champion Pat's!

And the Cowpies woopin the Lams!

I am not saying anything about the steelers finally
    getting a win
    Last edited by Dr.J; September 30th, 2002 at 10:29 AM.
    If all else fails / Read the Directions![

Home of the 2004 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox
    My beloved Patriots didn't do so hot yesterday

But neither did Miami

Originally posted by Dr.J
    The 49er's had a bye week but still picked up another game lead over the Lams in the west!

The suprise game was the 4-0 Chargers over the Super Bowl
    champion Pat's!

And the Cowpies woopin the Lams!

I am not saying anything about the steelers finally
    getting a win
    That was no surprise for me. I have a coworker from SD here, and I had to convince him that the Chargers were going to be good. They got Shotenhiemer(sp), a solid coach, they got the big Runningback in Tomlinson, they got the big gun QB in Brees, they have solid receivers that are better with a great QB. Their defense has always been outstanding. All the elements are there.

I am glad the Vikings lost, I just wish they woul dump Moss. The guy is a cancer for the NFL. The Randy factor was the stupidest crap I've ever heard a coach spew. I bet their wiching they could get Chris Carter back.

My Raiders are 30 and rolling down the road. Philip Bucanon is going to be a force at CB. I can't wait for Charles Woodson to get healthy. They will probably have a competition for left CB between Tory James and Bucanon, and the prospect of Bucanon and Woodson at CB, and Woodson and Gibson at Safety looks pretty damn scary for opposing offenses...

Rich Gannon. The most underrated QB in the NFL.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

Originally posted by Tacklebox
    My beloved Patriots didn't do so hot yesterday

But neither did Miami
    Sorry, I know their your team, but damn I hate the Pats, and even though I was torn with wanting them to beat the Chargers, I wasn't all that sad to see 'em lose.
    "There is always a need for intoxication: China has opium, Islam has hashish, the West has woman."
    André Malraux
    (1901-1976)

"Don't let worry kill you -- let the church help."

it sure felt good to have Tony Gonzales and Shaun Alexander on my fantasy team yesterday.

mwuuhahahahahaaa

5 td's
    It's good to be the King.

Originally posted by King Grover
    it sure felt good to have Tony Gonzales and Shaun Alexander on my fantasy team yesterday.

mwuuhahahahahaaa

5 td's
    I had trent green on my fantasy team . . . . . . . ON THE BENCH I started fiedler ahead of him. That's over a 30 point difference, but hopefully I can hang on and win anyway.

Bills win it again in OT.
    Chiefs took control in the air.
    Chargers beat the Pats.
    Sea score goes from 24-10 to 45-10 in under 2 min.
    Dallas beats STL.
    Carolina almost beats the Pack.
    Det wins a game.
    Pit wins after blocking a fg kick, then having one of theirs blocked, then hitting the game winner on a second chance.
    Jets = TEH SUCK.
    Giants lose bad to Cardnials

So far the only rational games were Phily and TB. Now all we need is for the Ravens to blow out the Broncos by 30 or 40 points.

Foozeball is the work of the DEVIL! No foozeball Bobby Duphrane!!

Go Cowboys !! I'm not sure how we beat the Rams but I'll take it.
    "Don't be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    Originally posted by Lycia
    The Randy factor was the stupidest crap I've ever heard a coach spew.
    "The Randy Ratio." What a bunch of bull$h!t. Damn stupid sound bite that we'll have to listen to all bloody season.

Time to become a baseball fan. (Go Twins!!! )
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    I had the joy of watching the Steelers-Browns game in the same room as two diehard Browns fans. It was great, they started talking **** right around the time Kordell threw his last interception, it got to the point where I wanted to punch these no class a-holes they were running there mouths so much. I gotta say, I loved watching ole Tommy Maddux run the team straight down the field for the tying touchdown.

The missed Browns field goal in OT was also pretty enjoyable. Once the Steelers kicked their winning field goal, I just looked at the two a-holes and said 'good game, eh?'. I say if you want to be an a-hole and run your mouth about a game you didn't even play in, at least wait til it's over.
    WWBRD?

I'm with you klarg..one thing for sure..If the Vikings keep it up, they won't need a new stadium..the'll be able to get all the fans into the UofM fieldhouse
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."