Which motherboard model to get?

Thread: Which motherboard model to get?

Which motherboard model to get?

Hi, Can someone help me out? I need some help figuring out which motherboard to get, fastest ram speed, bus speed, agp? I plan to buy AMD Athlon XP 2400+ ( 266 fsb ) so which abit motherboard i should buy. according to the motherboard which kind of ram should i get? Should i get regular ram or DDR ram. I also plan on buying RADEON 9000 Pro 128MB and a ata100 80 Gig 7200rpm hard-drive. I can buy usb 2.0 card, or should i get a motherboard with the usb2.0 build in? Can someone help me get togather a good setup. Thanx in advance, I apreciate it.

P.S: I prefer only abit motherboards cuz my old motherboard gave me a lot of system errors, I`ve had good experince with 2 abit m-baords. they are comtabile with every os and software.

OK, so you like ABit - do you have a favourite chipset? There won't be too many abit boards with usb 2 and ata133 onboard...

From what you have said you wont need raid but this one comes with raid

here is the cheaper option - without raid

Both these boards support 8x agp, the first also supports serial ata
    Read abits explanation here

Prices are something else entirely, for ideas go to www.pricewatch.com - but remember just because someone online has a really good price, it is not the sole reason to buy from them.... if you are unlucky enough to order a board thats DOA how are you going to deal with that and how are they going to deal with you?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hi NooNoo, Thanx for replying. It helped me out a lot. I choosed KD7. Cuz i really dont need raid. I have raid in thsi m-baord and i never use it. I read over the specs but i dont understand one this. it says :

Audio

6-Channel AC 97 CODEC on board
    Professional digital audio interface supports 24-bit S/PDIF Out

Does that mean that it has a build in soundcard?
    Thanx again, =0)

Originally posted by GhettoAdolescen

Audio

6-Channel AC 97 CODEC on board
    Professional digital audio interface supports 24-bit S/PDIF Out

Does that mean that it has a build in soundcard?
    Thanx again, =0)
    Yes, AC97 is built-in motherboard...

Besides Abit, I would recommend ASUS A7V-333 - costs something about 155-165 CAD and really nice board...

For budget, I would recommend Soltek 75DRV5 Purple Ray motherboard (same chipset, about 120 -135 CAD), if you can find it in your sity...

Alright, Thanks a lot for replying. Ill check into it.