Profile Error

Thread: Profile Error

Unhappy Profile Error

Whem I finish installation of windows 2000 professional my profile is copied to all users profile. Here is an example:

Copy profile to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User

Permitted to Use

\Everyone

Attn.: However the last time I got the following error list below. Can someone tell me how to correct this profile problem.

"Faile to set Security on the destination Profile.error - the system cannot find the file specified".

thanks

Mousex

This won't help you much but here's a frustrating answer from Microsoft that seems to apply to your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q246852

You do not need to set the permissions to EVERYONE when copying a profile to Default User.

Default User profile is only used as a template of course, and the appropriate permissions are attached to the newly created user profile. I believe the SYSTEM account is used when creating a new profile, so you can leave the permissions just the way they are.

As for getting the "cannot find specified file" error, I would suggest using the local administrator account to setup your system and copy that profile over.

You might also try logging in as a different user with admin rights and then copying the good profile over.

I hope this helps!!!
    DON'T PANIC