PCI 128 (es1373) sound card problem

Thread: PCI 128 (es1373) sound card problem

Unhappy PCI 128 (es1373) sound card problem

I need help for installing my Creative PCI 128 (es1373 Chip) sound card on my P-1 100MHz PC (Intel Advanced ZP/Zappa) Motherboard. I tried to install the card in Win'97 by the drivers available on the net, but failed due to the inavaility of the "eapci.vxd, eapci.drv, eapci...etc." files. Should I change my OS to Win'98/98SE/ME or should I upgrade the PC to P-2/3. Help me please.

OK, we need to clarify a few things PSLBD

When you say

I need help for installing my Creative PCI 128 (es1373 Chip) sound card
    Did it come with a CD rom ? Can you look at the card carefully and tell us the CT number? It should be printed onto the board, not the chips.

I tried to install the card in Win'97 by the drivers available on the net,
    I think you must mean windows 95?

. Should I change my OS to Win'98/98SE/ME or should I upgrade the PC to P-2/3. Help me please.
    A P100mhz might run windows 98se - but it would depend on how much ram you have... can you tell us?

Yes the machine is very old and slow by todays standards but the sound card should work, I think you just have got the wrong drivers.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Not to be rude but, Win97?

As for downloading the correct drivers, I can't see anything on the Creative site, so must be a ESS badged.
    Drivers for NT/2K here

this looks to be a better source

Good Luck.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Post replying NooNoo's queries

Dear NooNoo,

To your queries, here's my reply. My friend gifted me the card, it had no driver CD-rom. It doesn't have any CT-XXXX printed on it but printed on Chip is "Creative es1373, 1373-001-02, S-JE001, 0014H Korea".
    My OS is Win95 OSR-2.1, Systems Ram is 24MB EDO SiMM.
    One last thing the card configures itself as Crystal Sound Fusion sound card in WINXP pc but fails to operate.

If you're sure that you card is definately "PCI 128", than I strongly advise you to go to www.soundblaster.com, choose European region (at least I always go there), there is a list of card types and Operating Systems. Choose "PCI 128", your operating system and click "search". You'll be prompted to fill in a registration form and than you'll be able to download the drivers. For Win98SE, all you need is to run *.exe file, everything is done automatically. I suppose in Win95 you should do the same. On my own experience, I installed PCI128 on Win98SE quite a few times, and to my mind this is the easiest installation I've ever made.
    Hope this helps.
    eXPerience is nothing until you get it.

I put an erroneous coma in the previous post, so this one is the direct link:
    www.soundblaster.com

I found those drivers - they're the same as for Win98, but you'll need to install DirectX 7a prior to PCI 128 driver installation.
    eXPerience is nothing until you get it.