Post screen

Thread: Post screen

Post screen

Hi,

What is most possible problem if there is no post screen, but the power led, hdd led is on and the fans is not running ?

In most case, if I change the AGP card with PCI then I can see the post screen. But this time, not only blank screen, the keyboard just not functioning as well.

The story goes like this, I just bought a Athlon XP1800+, install it on Gygabyte GA-7DX with Original AMD HSF, Geforce 4 MX-440. Working fine. But since the temparature is too hot (57C) with original HSF, I decide to replace it with Termaltake Vulcano 6+, which is originally install with XP 1700+ on Abit KG7 Lite mobo, running at idle (42C).

So, I take out the XP1700+ from Abit mobo and replace with XP1800+. No post screen, only 1 long beep sound. So, I replace the AGP card with PCI card, no beep sound and no post screen at all. Proccesor spoilt ?

Install the XP1700+ on GA-7DX, working fine. But when I install back to KG7 Lite, same thing as 1800+, no post screen. Now, 2 proccesor spoilt ? I don't believe it.

How to troubleshoot ? How to determine to problem ?
    Any suggestion is much much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

I had a brand new KG7-raid do the same thing.

Have you re-set your BIOS (take out the battery, and unplug the power supply)?

Have you tried a different Power supply?

In my case just resetting the BIOS fixed it.

Sounds like you chipped the core of the CPU. Feel around the edge of the core and make sure it is smooth.

If it is chipped............
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

After resetting the BIOS, XP 1700+ manage to boot up on both mobo. But about the XP1800+, DocPC, as u said, the core is chipped. Only find out when I clean the termal paste on the die. Thanks.

AMD doesn't provide warranty for physical damage, am I right ?
    Very sad to said that, this proccesor just 3 days old.