Video problems...plz help

Thread: Video problems...plz help

Unhappy Video problems...plz help

I have a7v333r w/ 1012 bios, athlon xp 2000+, and a hercules geforce2 gts. I've got the latest nvidia drivers and the latest via 4in1 drivers, but I still get glitches in my video. Not sure what it is...video card, mb bios, agp drivers. The glitches I get are discolored pixels around images and graphics. Anyone with suggestions????

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Are you using the 30.82 drivers, or the beta 40 series? Is it a via chipset? If so go to www.viarena.com Also, is the cpu OC'd? Check the temps as they can cause problems. Also go to www.goldmemory.cz and do a memory test
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

suggestions...

Ok, the card was working perfectly fine in my a7v133/athlon 900 system, but I just upgraded to a a7v333/athlon xp 2000+ system and now I get this pixelation. I'm was using the 30.82 drivers when I noticed the problem and then upgraded to the beta 40s, still happening. I tried cleaning and reseating card the card and then the screen, within xp, started flashing, so I immediately changed the monitor freq. from 60hz to 72hz but this caused the desktop to shrink horizonally only though. I plan to try the card in another system and vice versus, try a working card in this system. Anyone have any other suggestions?

P.S. If the card is the problem, does anyone know of any card that I can get that doesnt cost me an arm and leg but still provides good gaming support.

I am having the same problems so i feel your pain. Are you using WinXP? I am and it only started since i installed it.