Lexmark X75 All-In-One

Thread: Lexmark X75 All-In-One

Angry Lexmark X75 All-In-One

I just purchased this Lexmark X75 Printer, Scanner, Copier and have spent the weekend trying to get the thing to print. I am running a MSI 6378, Duron 1.2ghz, 192MB RAM. The main problem is finding the Lexmark Printer USB Inf file. The one that comes with the software is for 9x and ME.

I have been to the Lexmark site for the drivers and the only thing available is for the Scanner and copier. That already works on the USB with no problem. I just don't have any communication for the printer. Does anyone know of a USB driver that may work with this or have any suggestions.

TIA

That lexmark site is fudged up.

I looked all over..in the spot where you downloaded the copy and scanner functions it says that you can download the printer driver for free from the technical center. I went to that site and it just goes through the same process that the original lexmark site did.

I check www.driverguide.com to no avail also.

Good luck.
    (_|_) I AM EDITED BY WEBHEAD (_|_)

What OS are you using?
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

I am using Win2K PE. The USB's are working but when the hardware wizard finds the Lexmark all in one, it requests the Printer USB driver. When I point it to the supplied driver in the software, I get an error message stating it cannot find the required section of the Inf. I have heard this USB Inf is fir the 9x and ME OS.

I have searched everything I can find, and no joy..it all turns up as directory said. two possibilities..some usb devices require the software installation before the printer is connected. Is there a program on your disk that you can run..usually comes up in autorun..to install all the software and then connect the printer?..second possibility is contact lexmark directly..1-407-563-4600.
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Yes there is a software program to run, however, when you run the program the first thing that comes up is communication error, cannot communicate with printer. Make sure all cables are connected correctly. I connect the USB cable to no avail. I look in device manager and find the USB for Lexmark All-in-one, properties state the drivers are not loaded. Back to square zero again.

I would try uninstalling the printer scanner copier through device manager. Disconnect the usb cable and turn off the x75... run your install program from the cd, plug in the cable when it says to do so and turn on the x75... hopefully it will detect.

if not. well.

if you have tried this...sorry

Thanks DIR, everything is detected with no proble, (not to mention I have done this quite a few times), the problem lies in the lxbbusb.inf file. When loading this file, I recieve the error "The required section was not found in the Inf." This leads me to believe the inf file is not correct for Win2K and/or there is something missing required.

Originally posted by Zonie
    Thanks DIR, everything is detected with no proble, (not to mention I have done this quite a few times), the problem lies in the lxbbusb.inf file. When loading this file, I recieve the error "The required section was not found in the Inf." This leads me to believe the inf file is not correct for Win2K and/or there is something missing required.
    I had simular problems with the X81 model in WinME

Latest drivers fixed it, but you must remove all instances of the driver and remove the printer from the PC.

latest drivers for you
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Thank you Garak, however, these drivers are for the Scanner and copier only. They do not include the Printer USB inf file. The scanner and copier work fine, I just can't print because there is no communication to the printer due to the USB inf is incomplete for W2K that is supplied.

Originally posted by Zonie
    Thank you Garak, however, these drivers are for the Scanner and copier only. They do not include the Printer USB inf file. The scanner and copier work fine, I just can't print because there is no communication to the printer due to the USB inf is incomplete for W2K that is supplied.
    Oh

very missleading aren't they
    This download only includes the printer and scanner software.
    Possibly try downloading the XP version?
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Hooray, Hooray, I was able to get it to work. I used the USB Print support from the winnt\inf directory and was able to get it to communicate. Thank you each and all for you assistance. I did get in touch with tech support and they were no help. They determined there was a problem with my machine or OS config. and not their drivers. All is well and this thread can be closed now.

Thanks again.

cool.