If you select your country, your country flag image will appear next to your name on
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If you select your country, your country flag image will appear next to your name on

Talking If you select your country, your country flag image will appear next to your name on

It is pantomime season......sooooo.....

Oh no it doesn't!

Talking D'uh..... I forgot you are American (mostly).....

You don't know what pantomime's are do you?

Kids entertainment, where men dress as women & women as men... very strange...very English!

But what happens is someone says something blindingly obvious, such as 'if you select your country, your country flag will appear next to your name...'.

Then everyone else says 'Oh No it doesn't', then someone says 'Oh yes it does' etc etc & so on & so forth....

But if you are Scott you just ignore it!

Confus-ed I hadn't noticed the country flag was missing either, unless you deign to private message or email Scott, how will he know? Or do you prefer to just to publicise errors to ridicule someone?

So in the same vein

You don't know what pantomime's are do you?
    Last time I looked an apostrophe doesn't indicate the plural of a word....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I'm Confused.

Orangeman
    Bouncy Bouncy

Angry oh dear Noo...

Originally posted by NooNoo
    Confus-ed I hadn't noticed the country flag was missing either, unless you deign to private message or email Scott, how will he know? Or do you prefer to just to publicise errors to ridicule someone?

So in the same vein

Last time I looked an apostrophe doesn't indicate the plural of a word....
    There was me thinking that's what comments & suggestions are for, I did think Scott might read his own site.

If that's the best you can do for ridicule, may I suggest (most politely) that you go back to bed & get out of the other side....

If you insist on having a poke at grammatical errors perhaps you can be the spelling & punctuation mod.

You can clear up for me whether pantomime is a verb or a noun in this context, the sentence should read 'You don't know what Pantomime is, do you?', but since you can also use an apostrophe to indicate an abbreviation my poor little addled mind got confus-ed in the future imperative tense and I corrected it as originally posted....

For all of those who didn't know what pantomime was... you do now....

Okay I'll mail Scott if that's what it takes to get him to see stuff on his own site!

Confus-ed, my pointing out your little grammatical error was to just point up how petty it was to post about a problem and then to accuse the person with the abilty to correct the problem of not caring about the problem.

All it does is get peoples backs up. Surely you would agree that:

a) having pointed up a problem one should give someone time to fix it
    b) one should not assume that just because it was not fixed in the time frame one assumed is possible the person would not care about fixing it.
    c) When the problem is not exactly mission critical one should allow time for other tasks to be completed before attending to the cosmetics problems.
    d) in order to receive good service one should be pleasant when explaining a problem.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

You are harsh Noo....

I take it, this was the bit, that put you on your high-horse

Originally posted by confus-ed
    But if you are Scott you just ignore it!
    See those smilies ? Even 'roll eyes' is sarcastic....

I just thought that of all the bits of WD, Scott might actually read 'comments & suggestions', seems not....

I've been at WD a long time, I do that because I like to help folk for free (No charge here....) not pick fights, I can get that at home or at work if I so choose, if you can't get a grip on a sense of humour don't jump on my back, when you perceive someones having a dig... what was all that about assuming?, my ol' teacher used to say 'Never assume, it makes an a$$ of u & me.....' !??!

I think it was the combination of your "little joke" and the timing of your posts:

Your first post was at: 11-01-2002 09:39 AM - Which is 03:39am where Scott is.

Your second post was at: 11-06-2002 10:53 AM - which is 04:53 where Scott is.

From where I am sitting I see you giving Scott an entire 74 minutes before reposting and while it may have been morning to you, it was the middle of the night to him.

Diggin deeper!

Originally posted by NooNoo
    I think it was the combination of your "little joke" and the timing of your posts:

Your first post was at: 11-01-2002 09:39 AM - Which is 03:39am where Scott is.

Your second post was at: 11-06-2002 10:53 AM - which is 04:53 where Scott is.

From where I am sitting I see you giving Scott an entire 74 minutes before reposting and while it may have been morning to you, it was the middle of the night to him.
    Just so we can't play the 'oh my , how stupid is that post, I shall delete it game' I re-quoted your entire reply.....

What do these bits mean
    11-01-2002 09:39 AM
    &

11-06-2002 10:53 AM
    They look like dates & times....

Sadly though because everyone is confus-ed except me, the times may be in GMT but the date format of the site is in American (day/month,back to front) format..... mmmm that's 5 days & 74 minutes (Christ's sake you worked it out!).

Enough?

BWahahahahahaha

God I'm an idiot.... oh well, best I can do is this...

Wink

Can I kill the horse now, ya-know with the bat....?

Remember? (Sadly the 'Great dead horse bat' saga in some thread about charging for stuff that should be free is lost...) or else I'd post 'that' big picture.....

Anyways! where's my flag? I want a flag, not a horse, a flag... yeah that's what it was about!

A flag, ..... not a horse

Oh Yeah!

Please Mr Administrator, Mr Scott Sir, can you fix the flags ? Whenever you are ready of course Mr Scott Sir, please Mr Administrator, thank you Mr Aministrator,Mr.........

Where's that bat ?

who cares about the flags?
    (_|_) I AM EDITED BY WEBHEAD (_|_)

Originally posted by DiR[ëctory]
    who cares about the flags?
    Ah ! One vote for a horse! or is that a bat !?

Well besides me wanting to know who's from where so I understand things like getting dates back to front! As far as I can see here .... lots of folk like it....

So take your rolly eyes back where they belong !

Thumbs up Nice one!

My flag is back, muchos....

I can't change it in my profile (because there is no drop down box) but that's OK, I don't forsee leaving the country anytime soon.