Lost my job

Thread: Lost my job

Chat Moderator Great White North's Avatar

Lost my job

As you all might know workmans comp finnally approved my claim. But I could not get my old job back

Looks like they will have to retrain me.

If they will pay I will retrain in the computer field!

Any ideas on what to become???
    Igloos for sale!! Buy them today keep the cold away!

Why couldn't you get your old job.

My advice: Don't be a programmer...Haahaa..no offense to those that are....but I couldn't stand sitting in a cube all day pecking away at code....
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Banned
    Be a pimp, cause pimpin' aint easy, but it sho rewading.

Chat Moderator Great White North's Avatar
    Thay refused to rehire me. It will cost them more in workmans comp fee.

They did not give a reason so I am going to fight and get at least 1 weeks severance.
    Igloos for sale!! Buy them today keep the cold away!

sorry to hear that.

i wanted to be a tech but i dont think i want to work in the business world anymore since company's open and close.

im looking at some schools im going to try to get a bachelers in secondary eduaction and be a pc teacher

be a teacher then me and you we can teach make droins RULE THE WORLD MWHAHHAHHAAHHAAHAAH

sorry i got over excited.

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Sorry to hear that GWN. That bites. But at least you are getting the workers comp stuff. Here in the states its illegal for them to do what has been done to you.

Hope it all works out!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

For workmans comp, I think legally they have to keep your position available to you. The company might want to offer you a buyout. I know someone who was on comp for 4 years for a back injury and the company they worked for gave him 9000$ as a buy out. Talk to a lawyer about the law. I don;t think they have a right to fire you if you were injured working for them.
    Good luck

Learn SQL development. Good $$
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

What the heck kind of lame Co. is this anyway?

Good luck with your dealings with these weirdos.

I keep hearing that networking, especially wireless, and security are still in high demand.

That's why I'm desperately trying to get back into it.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I've heard security too.

As for programming - my roomies workplace just closed and every programmer had a job within 2 weeks. My roomies severance was like $7,000. and he was making about $65k per year. If you really have a talent for it - programming is the way to go.

I am in networking right now and as a junior tech I can tell you I don't get crap (I mean - I'm doing ok but it's still not great). The network engineers I know with ccna's have an easy time getting a job but ain't getting the $$$ from 3 years ago.

My advice is to look into what you like to do with PC's and to then look at the job market and see what is neded. Make a comprimise between the two and see what you like and go for it.

HEY!
    Another thing is management. Hell, I look at my bosses and think "jesus - do these people know anything???" and realize that you don't need to know crap to do it. I recomend lies on your resume and then you can earn $$$ for telling people what to do all day and making it look like you are working.

Demand for the following will never die.

Just try and find a plumber, electrician or carpenter when you need one.
    What I know about computers would fill volumes - what I don't know would fill a wharehouse.

Hell, I don't have any idea what I want to be when I grow up. Pc Tech right now. What I can forsee that may have a nice payoff is becoming a very very effiective Project manager. As for my dealing with corporate america, promotions come by new companies to work for.
    Faith is the substance of things not known and the Evidence of things not seen.