AOpen AX59-pro will not start
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AOpen AX59-pro will not start

Question AOpen AX59-pro will not start

I have a AOpen AX59-pro that will not start at all, I only get a blank screen, the fan is connected to a connector on the bard and that runs, and can hear it detect the HD, what I did was I tried a AMD K6 495 MHZ CPU, after that it was dead, have tried many different CPU's and screencards but nothing seem to help, I do not get any beep codes.

petersenweb

Have also tried to reset BIOS and taken out battery

Yhe keyboard light is also flashing, so it does not seem dead.

With the light flashing, do you mean the LED's give a flash as the keyboard is initialised, or is there one continually blinking? If so, which one is it?

Do you have any other cards in the slot (other than the video) ?

If you remove all the cards (yes including video) do you get any beeps then?

Is the speaker connected?

You could also try removing the ram in an effort to make it beep.

If you remove all the drive cables from the motherboard - hard drives, cdroms, floppy diskette - with the video card in, is it any different?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

The keyboard light flash like being detected, have tried to remove everything, taken it out of the case, cleaned it and put it on a antistatic matt, dosent work from there neither, its strange because all indications on that the board should work is there..

Have you got another Processor you could try, was the PC working before you tried the AMD CPU? Was it clocked correctly? Was the correct voltage set?
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

I have tried many cpu's, and have double checked all settings, the board worked fine with the 350 cpu I used before but wouldnt after I tried the 495.

sounds like it was a faulty CPU and it has done some damage somewhere, check the caps and voltage regulators,
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

It was suggested before but you never stated if you tried this....reset bios with the onboard jumper or remove the battery for a long time. I had a Modem that was conflicting with a m/b and once it was inserted, removing it didn't solve the problem...had to reset via jumper!

Re: AOpen AX59-pro will not start

Originally posted by petersenweb
    I have a AOpen AX59-pro that will not start at all, I only get a blank screen, the fan is connected to a connector on the bard and that runs, and can hear it detect the HD, what I did was I tried a AMD K6 495 MHZ CPU, after that it was dead, have tried many different CPU's and screencards but nothing seem to help, I do not get any beep codes.

petersenweb
    Did the CPU die in this motherboard? If so, I would suspect voltage regulator (bad output MOSFET transistor)... Check core voltage coming to CPU (on one of the ends of the coil near the socket CPU - it can be done even without having CPU inserted). Should be 2,2V or 2.0V (depend on CPU type)...

What do you mean "it detect the HDD"?
    Recalibration - it is standard procedure HDD doing every time if HDD getting power (even if interface cable is not connected)or receiving "Reset" signal from system controller...

a 495?

I have tried many cpu's, and have double checked all settings, the board worked fine with the 350 cpu I used before but wouldnt after I tried the 495.
    a 495 mhz cpu? i wan't aware AMD made a cpu that speed. double check to make sure you have all the jumpers set correctly.
    take care and tempt not the fates

Wink

Sorry is not a 495 but 490, wrote wrong, 95x5, is a odd speed yes, had never hearded about it before but thats what it say on the CPU too, what I have tried till now is
    gone back to the amd 350 MHz cpu I used before, tried that cpu in other computer and found that it worked okay, have tried to underclock the 350 to 333 (4x83.3) (5x66.6), and 366 (5.5x66.6)
    tried a 233 mhx amd, 166 mmx pentium and a 133 pentium, different kind of sdram, 66mhz, pc100 and pc133.
    I have though seen just the same on other computers before and then it was because of bad cpu
    Have also taken out the board and cleaned it with a soft brush, hoocked iup the board outside the case on a antistatic mat, reset BIOS is always the first I do when a board dont want to boot.

Sorry is not a 495 but 490, wrote wrong, 95x5, is a odd speed yes, had never hearded about it before but thats what it say on the CPU too...
    95 x 5 will be 475Mhz... Exactly the same CPU I have as spare at home, and it is printed on CPU - AMD K6-2-475 , 2.0V core voltage. Check yours...

say 490, 95 mhz, thought it was 2.2 v though