Microsoft Word: help with large printing

Thread: Microsoft Word: help with large printing

Microsoft Word: help with large printing

I have a user that wants to make a large sign to hang on the wall. we have a Xerox plotter that can print on paper 36"x48". however i can't figure out how to stretch her document to fit on this large paper. In the printer setup, we select ARCH E 36x48, but this is not an option on the page setup in word. it only goes to ARCH B 12x18. IS there anyway to designed a document for small paper and stretch it to fit larger paper? I need help!
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Since it is just a sign, why not create it in a graphics program as a gif and resample to whatever size you want?
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

I believe word has a paper size limit of 20", although I could be mistaken.

We have an HP Desginjet 5000 that can print 300'x4' and I primarily use Quark and CorelDraw to do layouts for the printer. For graphic work I use Paint Shop Pro 7 because it has a really nice layout screen that you can use to set everything up before you print.

I've not ever been able to get word to work well for printing large format jobs.

How about making the document, importing into paint, save it as a gif and then print it as a graphic?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I don't think Paint will import *.doc or *.txt files, NooNoo
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Originally posted by geoscomp
    I don't think Paint will import *.doc or *.txt files, NooNoo
    Paint will, however, open a screen capture(ctrl+prtscr, then paste as new image)...That would probably be illegible though...I agree with Milenko, though. PSP 7.0 or Adobe Photoshop are much better options with more versatility.
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

i just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing a setting in word. I attempted to do it with Adobe Photoshop7, it let me make the pic 36x48 and select that large of paper, but when i try to print it, it sits in the queue and says Error Printing. i tried printing the original document from Word on regular Letter paper also, same error...so apparently there is something wrong with teh printer, or the way it is installed. but thanks for the input, i think i know how to do it now, i just need to get the printer working now.
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Was thinking of a text box saved as a gif or even just cutting and pasting the words in.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."