MS Excell

Thread: MS Excell

MS Excell

I have a customers computer thats really messed up, I know that the best thing for it would be to reformat. This is a doctors computer and he has a lot of information that is illreplaceable. getting the info isn't the problem. The problem is that a programer compined MS Excell and a medical program (Doctor lost medical program and the program was too complicated for him to use) together to create the information that he uses. If i have to wipe the drive, that medical program and MS Excell program will no longer work together. If i back up the whole MS Excell program, will it work if i wipe the hd and after i install the MS Office program back in to the computer, along with all the data file's for his clients. I can burn and run the complete program off my computer but I can't change any or add to any information on my computer. Really could use some help with this one thank you.
    Last edited by RedBeard; November 11th, 2002 at 03:17 PM.
    Computers are like life, constantly changing, and without change we would become STAGNET

I`m no expert on Excell but are you sure they havent made some sort of excell templete for office use?

Yes, look for .XLT files and macros - excel can also do some funky things with access as well - is access installed?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yes! What the doc told me was that the Medical Program was just too complicated, they needed a simpler version, So a programer somehow uses Excell to operate.

Yes Access

Duhhhhhhh SOrry you all Acess is the program it was combined with. Thigs go me so flusteres LOL.
    Computers are like life, constantly changing, and without change we would become STAGNET