I have delete my partition

Thread: I have delete my partition

I have delete my partition

I have a ibm thinkpad, is there a file to restore it.

You should have a restore cd with your thinkpad, is it still under warranty? Have you read the manual about how to restore?

Or do you mean you have accidentally deleted it and now wish to recover the partition?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

yes I accidentally deleted it, and no I do not have recover CD. is there no way to do this without the CD.

Are you sure you mean partition? Its kind of hard to accidentally delete the partition!

however Here is a freeware tool for file recovery Hope this helps.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hard to delete a partition?? I thinkee not ! , if you are using fdisk its real easy to press the wrong number...

Anyways, nice freeware util & it works! I just tried, tops for FAT based systems, but can you find me an NTFS based tool, I suspect that might be a bit trickier.....

Originally posted by confus-ed
    Hard to delete a partition?? I thinkee not ! , if you are using fdisk its real easy to press the wrong number...

Anyways, nice freeware util & it works! I just tried, tops for FAT based systems, but can you find me an NTFS based tool, I suspect that might be a bit trickier.....
    Hmmm yes, fdisk, delete partitions, enter the partition, override the warning, type in the partition name, override the warning....

PC INSPECTOR™ File Recovery is a data recovery program that supports the FAT 12/16/32 and NTFS file systems.

Talking

Finds partitions automatically, even if the boot sector or FAT has been erased or damaged (does not work with the NTFS file system)
    'Mistriping' numbers oh real tough & besides - what partition name? -You bother to name 'em ? Ain't it just enter,enter,y,y,enter, enter, next, y, yeah that directory- enter, next ...... I thought that's how you became a pc engineer!

You're getting as confus-ed as me
    Last edited by confus-ed; November 14th, 2002 at 07:08 AM.

demo version will allow you see if it is recoverable otherwise $30

Oh and yeah, I do name the partitions....
    Last edited by NooNoo; November 14th, 2002 at 07:48 AM.

Talking Ta!

Thank you. I'm 'imagining' it working right now .... I'm prepared for next time I do It!

this is a windows file. I need a file to start in dos.

Then you will have to either put the laptop drive with a converter into a pc - or pay for professional recovery.

If you just deleated your partition... just create a new one, but don't format though! All your information should be still there, as long as you don't format it (speaking from experience that is).
    "Okay, I'm giving everyone the boot off the servers. I need Maximum Bandwidth!"

Originally posted by rblockmon
    If you just deleated your partition... just create a new one, but don't format though! All your information should be still there, as long as you don't format it (speaking from experience that is).
    I hate to be rude, no I don't , but since part oif creating a new partition is to remap the space and clear any file allocation table (or its NTFS equivalent) then though the files might still be there how the f. are you gonna access them ?!?.....

If its a newer thinkpad there is no recovery cd, there is however a recovery partition and you start the recovery process by pressing F11 or F12 at the post screen, that is, if you didn't accidentally delete that one as well

If you do invoke the recovery process everthing that was on the drive will be lost, it deletes your old partition (if you have one that is) creates new ones, formats, and if its running w2k or xp it will convert to ntfs file system after formatting.
    I read your e-mail........

Try a program called Tiramisu. It's able to handle NTFS.
    And next time you want to "play" with partitions do it using a tool like partition magic - or even better: MAKE A BACKUP!!!
    Otherwise you'll get fried.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!