Can I install drivers before install OS?

Thread: Can I install drivers before install OS?

Can I install drivers before install OS?

Hi guys. I have a Packard Bell system that has failed to work after I installed a wrong chipset driver to the system. I used FDISK to erase everything on the hard drive. Now I am going to install a fresh Window 98SE to the system but one of my best technician told me to get drivers pack(chipsets to modem) for the system and install them before install the OS.

Can this be possible? How can I do it?

Thank you so much.

I think you need to clarify the instructions... the chipset drivers are always installed immediately after windows has been installed and before anything else gets installed.... perhaps he meant download them and have them ready on the hard drive?

Do you have the restore disk for this PB? Do you know where to download the drivers? Post the PB model - plus any specifications you know (PB aint great at marrying one with the other on their site) and we can hopefully find them for you.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Noo Noo,
    your patience amazes me. I looked at the topic and tried to formulate the patient intelligent answer you supplied, but just didn't have it in me today. . . . . so I didn't post a reply.

you've already taken care of this dude as far as the drivers go

http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin...threadid=45516

. . . . . . I vaguely remember a time when I knew just enough about computers to be dangerous I was glad to have some patient mentors (like yourself) to help me out.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Yeah, what Noo noo said... get drivers ready, so when you install the OS, all you have to do is load the drivers. But loading drivers before installing the OS... **unlesss your updateing bios** it's not possible.
    "Okay, I'm giving everyone the boot off the servers. I need Maximum Bandwidth!"

Thank you for all of your replies. I just wanted to know if the installation like that is possible. Yeah. I think you are all right. My online technician meant to have it before hand. Well. I've got chipsets drivers and other components drivers too. Thanks.

Cool man, always be prepared, especially dealing with this type of work... because Murphy's Law... and it ALWAYS APPLIES, ALWAYS!
    "Okay, I'm giving everyone the boot off the servers. I need Maximum Bandwidth!"