Norton AV uninstall help

Thread: Norton AV uninstall help

Norton AV uninstall help

i messed up. a guy wanted my to install norton 2003 for him, which i did. but i forgot to check the system clock, it was set to Jan of 2000. so now his virus subscription runs from Jan of 2000 to Jan of 2001. i know removing and reinstalling won't work, and someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i think i have to remove some registry entries. which ones do i remove?
    take care and tempt not the fates

I always search the reg for symantec & noton, and delete the entry. Also I always do it three times each.
    We get alot of computers that the owner doesn't keep norotn's updated. Most virues we see wack nortons. To keep the customer from having to pay for the subscription again we have resorted to deleting everything in the reg and reinstall to fix nortons. If someone knows a quicker way it would be nice. It takes a long time and quit a few keystrokes to get it done by deleting. Thanks Keystone

A removal utitity and links to removal by hand I have heard reports the removal utility goes too far and toasts the odd os....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."