Bizzare external monitor problem

Thread: Bizzare external monitor problem

Post Bizzare external monitor problem

My boss has a Toshiba 1900 laptop with a GeForce2Go chip in it. For many months, he has been using an external monitor with it in the office. This morning, he hooked it up, booted, and the POST screen and Windows 98 logo displayed on the external monitor as usual. However, as soon as the Windows GUI started up, the external monitor shut off and the laptop display came on. The weird part is that pressing Fn-F5 to switch modes does nothing. What is even weirder is that I can activate the dual display feature where the desktop is stretched across two monitors. While that is cool, that is NOT what we want to do! Any ideas on how to fix this one? I couldn't find anything on Toshiba's site.

Just a thought - one of my customer had something similar - except it would not use the external monitor at all - it was just black. We changed the adapter back to standard pci and then reinstalled the drivers... it worked... but I admit I have no clue what was wrong or why it got fixed.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."