IE Download

Thread: IE Download

IE Download

Does anyone know of a place where I can download the FULL INSTALL of MSIE 5 / 5.5 / 6.0sp1 for all windows operating systems?

I need to update various workstations ranging from w95 to XP but there's only a dialup connection to the internet and I want to get the updates done sometime this decade. I don't want the "msie download" thingy!

THANKS
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

This has worked for me:
    Download-Only Setup of Internet Explorer on Windows 2000 and Windows XP

Don't let the title fool you; the option to save for multiple OS platforms will be there...

If you have a 9x machine handy you can get the full dowload easier. It's an option in the setup process. You can get the 2k/XP version as well.
    Do You Realize? - that you have the most beautiful face
    Do You Realize? - we're floating in space -
    Do You Realize? - that happiness makes you cry
    Do You Realize? - that everyone you know someday will die

Thanks for the link. Looks like it'll be useful to me.

Why can't they just have the full download packages for direct download? nooooooooooooooo-- they have to make you jump through flaming hoops to get it...
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

IEAK

Download IE admin kit, install, create the install package (this will d/l the cab's that you need) and you can update all workstations from your internal network. You only need to d/l the cab files once to create the package.

emr

If you don't mind 'branded' versions of ie you may already have a drawer full on your AOL frisbees, Office install CDs and I've heard magzine CDs (which I've never seen). Unbranding the versions can be done to arrive at a generic set of cabs and setup engine by searching for the subject on the web - I don't know how as I bit the bullet and used my dial up long ago.