I recently Installed Norton Internet Security 2003 on my XP Box. Configured every thing too my liking and that was that. This morning I turn on my computer and I have no Internet access, I check Cables, Cable modem, etc. I narrow it down to my 3Com NIC, I swap it with a working NIC, still no Internet Access, I swap with another card, from a differn't computer, still no luck. To make a long story short, in one of my attempts I decided to disable the Norton Internet Security and Firewall, well guess what - it worked!
So I said to myself "Self maybe the 3com NIC isn't dead." So shutdown, install the 3COM NIC, restart, and Disable N.I.S.&FW
and No Internet Access. So I put the my other working card back in. Now I noticed I can leave the Firewall porton of I.S. on and Disable the Security part and that will give me Internet Access. But Why would N.I.S. start blocking my Internet access, becuase of a Hardware replacement (Sounds like something M$ would do) I went all through the program and I basically forced to "Ask" me when I try to get on the Internet to allow access and it will still block me, Even After I just click on "PERMIT"!
Not to wish bad luck on someone, I hope some one has already been down this road and can advise me, My next move is to Uninstall and re-install.