cd rom can you download dvd rom

Thread: cd rom can you download dvd rom

cd rom can you download dvd rom

Hi not sure if this is possible I have a cd rom 98 dell optiplex gx 150 tower and got a computer game that needs dvd rom/playver to use. Is it possible to download what I need to get my tower to play dvd cd. Or do I have to buy something to change it to play dvds. If it is possible where is the best place to download and could it cause major problems for my computer.

Thank you

Does the game state it needs a DVDrom drive? In which case you will need to get a dvdrom fitted.

If it only needs a software player, then WinDVD or PowerDVD are two excellent software players... both can be bought in a shop or downloaded and a licence bought online.

What game is this? Does the processor and ram in your optiplex meet the minimum specifications for the game?

link to powerdvd

Link to WinDVD
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

4x speed or higher CD-Rom/DVD drive
    4 x speed or higher CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

hi they are both lego games for my son, i check in the system and i am pretty sure it has the ram it needs. Sorry do not know alot so not sure how to go about getting dvd games to play, so I can download what I need, is there a cost. For the game requirements above do I need to?

I found out this
    Memory 255.0 mb of ram
    System Resorces 44% free
    File system 32-bit
    Vitural Memory 32-bit
    Disk Comprssion not installed
    Pc Card (PCMIA) no PC card sockets are installed

not sure where to find what else information you needed does this help

Thank you

Without the actual game names its a bit hard to tell.... but

I think they are saying a CDrom drive OR a dvdrom drive

It is unlikely a lego game would require dvd playback!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

LEGO, ALPHA TEAM, + ROCK RAIDERS, NEW

I'm sorry didn't give you the names so to do something like this its better to actually buy a dvd player for the computer.

Thanks for your help

No I am saying you do NOT need a dvdrom drive, or dvdrom software to play this game (unless of course you are looking for an excuse to buy one )

If you have problems running this game, let us know what the errors messages are and we can try to help

Here is the Lego Techsupport start page
    Last edited by NooNoo; November 24th, 2002 at 03:05 PM.