Enviroment is incorrect???

Thread: Enviroment is incorrect???

Enviroment is incorrect???

Having a problem installing the software for a Sony DSC-P71 Camera (software: Pixela ImageMixer). I put in the cd and it autoruns, and then brings the following error up:

The enviroment is incorrect

I've tried updating MSI but nothing happens . . . any suggestions , ideas except reinstalling Windows.

I've tried the same software on a nother computer and it works fine!

Thanks

sony software updates for "The computer displays errors or will not startup properly" I guess your error message qualifies!!

here are the errors for that model There is a contact email at the bottom of the page... I am told they answer quite quickly.

You say you put the same software on another machine... what windows versions are on each? What hardware differences? Was one NTFS?
    Last edited by NooNoo; November 27th, 2002 at 04:58 AM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Sorry about the double post but I wasn't sure which forum to put it under. Anyway:

Bot PCs run Windows 98 SE

One is a P1 (the one that showed the error)

The other is a P3 (th one that worked)

The difference with USB is that one (P1) has a internal USB card. The P3 uses it's own onboard USB !

I'm going to try updating the software before rebuilding the registry or rebuilding system.ini from scratch.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

P1? No mmx? That may be your problem right there.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I only wish that was the case The P1 does have MMX built in . . its a 166MMX

Is there someway I could fool this ?

What's the minimum spec for that proggie to run? Did you email sony?

166MMX, 64MB Ram, 20MB Harddrive space. The machine I'm installing it on is basically sitting on the fence here

I'm still waiting for sony to come back to me.

Have you tried downloading the drivers from sony's website?

I haveinstalled the USB drivers on everything but 95version whatever. They work with 98 and up only. I have placed the drivers on all sorts of systems but never with one that had a USB card in it. That may be the stumbling block - it may not know your card type or something, though I don't know for sure.

Try downloading the drivers from Sony's site and installing them that way. I have had issues with the drivers from their CD's not working before and always use the ones I download now.

With the drivers downloaded you can just pull the images off the camera and don't need to use a program to move them off. You just connect the camera, turn it on and open my computer and there's the new drive with the pics on it. Easy peezy.

As for Pixella image mixer - it stinks IMHO - sorry. I prefer photoshop or photoshop elements if you don't have tons of $$$ lying around. Also there is a nice free image tool here: www.ifranview.com

This is the link for the sony USB drivers.
    http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/...t/softupdates/
    Download this one: Windows® 98/98SE USB Version 5.2 Driver Download