Something that was never meant to be modded... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Something that was never meant to be modded...

Originally posted by kato2274
    with the monitor, why not make a shadow box type deal so the monitor could be housed inside and the front could be cut out to expose the screen. that would also give you some place to hide cords, ribbon cables, etc

I wouldn't be able to paint the circut board either . . . . . but with a color printer, photshop and glue you could decopauge (spelling) the surface

Shadow box??

Printer and glue. You are freakin psychic or I'm not the 1st to combine photos and paint (I've seen silk screening of canvas before but not actual pasting of photos like I'm doing). Well poop. And I thought that I had something original going.

I was thinking of keeping everything (monitor, keyboard and mouse) seperate as well so it could be used to connect to the net and do simple stuff. I was thinking of extention cables or maybe and mounting the boad so that the ports were on the bottom. Less stress on the stuff - too much weight on the cable and it just falls out without taking the painting off the wall.

It's a k6-2 300 with 140mb of edo ram and a couple 2gb HDD's and integrated sound and a full 4mb of video so it's not doing much more than running the pictures and surfing the net and acting as a glorified typewriter... It's running 2000 right now so that might stay and I just might use irfanview to do the slide show even though it's not as cool. Anyone know if I can take the slideshow screen saver off of XP or ME and run it on 2000?

Re: Arrrrrgh!

Originally posted by confus-ed
    A truck battery has a lot more amps ! that's the freakin' point ...
    Thats exactly why he wants you to grab one!

Originally posted by ilovetheusers
    Shadow box??

Printer and glue. You are freakin psychic or I'm not the 1st to combine photos and paint

perhaps it's just that great minds think alike
    or maybe that's warped infantile minds who knows?

at any rate it sounds like it will be hellacool. I've seen some of your pics from your websites and they are definately worth displaying. doing that in a manner like we're talking about would be really sweet.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

I like the great minds thing better...

Last edited by ilovetheusers; December 2nd, 2002 at 03:59 PM.

Re: Re: Arrrrrgh!

Originally posted by LagMonster
    Thats exactly why he wants you to grab one!

If someone does do this could you please film it or take a pic and send it to me? I will put it in the painting.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dumb things other people do...