win32 app

Thread: win32 app

Unhappy win32 app

when i try and download aol instant messenger, after the download completes it says that it is not a valid win32 app? i have found solutions for using windown 95 or 98, but not for xp. any suggestions?

Have you tried running in compatiblity mode?

Most of the time I get that, its because of a bad download.

Maybe try an alternate Download site.

I always thought that AIM was a 32bit app. Fill me in on your workaround in the Win9x platform, so I can better understand what you mean...

The reason you're getting the error is because the installation file is corrupted. The header is the last thing to get written, and if that becomes corrupted, then the rest of the file is useless. You might want to delete the original, re-download the file, and then attempt the installation again.

Feel free to try anything & everything else, but in the end you'll see that the download file is pooched

AIM is such a buggy app anyway. If you want to chat with your AIM using friends use trillian as a much better alternative.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

It may well be a 'duff' download ... but your temporary directory being 'full' can also cause this, try running 'disk cleanup' first...