Windows Update

Thread: Windows Update

Windows Update

OK i have a computer that says that there are no updates avalible from Windows update, This is a freshly loaded win98se on the hard drive and nothing else, got all the MB drivers and network card installed. The system had a virus on it. I took out the HD and put a new drive in. Loaded win98 on it, tryed to update the OS and it says no updates avalible for this computer. Could the Virues that were in the other HD have effected the MB.
    Computers are like life, constantly changing, and without change we would become STAGNET

I am not trying to patronize you…Are you sure you selected the right options in the Product update site? I know that the site has changed quite a bit over the past several months, and maybe you missed a step, there is an option to scan the PC that has to be selected. I can’t recall the context, so I hope you can identify with my paraphrase.

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hope so!

Thank You NooNoo! I had replaced the Battery on the board, come to find out it was dead (the one i put in) Put a new one in and set the time/date and Bingo, it works. Thanks All.
    Last edited by RedBeard; December 4th, 2002 at 11:41 PM.
    Computers are like life, constantly changing, and without change we would become STAGNET

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

one lovly thing about windows